Question for thal majors?

• 15 Replies
Question for thal majors?
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:13:29 AM »
does anyone other than me have dark urine? It's pretty embarassing and I don't know what to do to make it lighter.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Question for thal majors?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:38:33 AM »
Hi,

If you are talking about after taking Desferal, then yes, as Desferal excreates iron via urine and the color gets dark.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:13:13 AM »
thanks for your post. You put a smile on my face!!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:15:25 AM »
if my hb was 6.9 and i received 2 units of blood what would my hb be afterwards?

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 06:24:48 AM »
Hi,

It depends on many factors such as your weight, function of your spleen and liver, any infections that you are suffering, quantity of blood in each unit, health of donor, how long has the blood has been bleeded :blah

which yeilds different results. :biggrin

Take care, Peace!
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Gabri

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »
Yes, Sajid is right. It depends from many, many factors, but on an average eache unit will higher up Hb for 1 g /dl. This means that if your Hb is 6,9 g/dl it will be around 9 g/dl.

It is recomandet to not underline 9 g/dl befor transfusion. Otherway your enteral iron absorbtion will rise up a lot.

God bless you

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 05:23:24 PM »
DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE ALOT OF BODY HEAT CONTINUOUSLY? LIKE IF I'M NOT AROUND AN AIR CONDITIONER OR A FAN I BEGIN TO SWEAT BECAUSE MY BODY IS ALWAYS HOT.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 06:50:29 AM »
Hi,

I do. Infact I'm the only one in the house that doesn't take a blanket while sleeping in an air conditioned room in summer and take it off in the middle of the night in extreme winters.

Take care.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »
I think it's a fact that thals experince more heat then the normal people,I am a thal minor and i experince heat like hell,i sweat like hell even when sitting right under the fan,and my daughter insists on keeping her night shirt's  buttons open while aircinditioning is on full blast,as far as i remember someone once mentioned here on this forum that it's due to the hemolysis going on in the body,so can't do much about that :(,now can we ?

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Hallu

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 02:24:15 PM »
My palms and feet are always emitting fire, which annoys me so much. I guess the heat is becuase our body is constantly running a marathon inside to make blood.

--Hallu

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »
wow i'm not alone. My bf always gets mad at me for turning on the ac or fan because he thinks i'm a mental case. He says i overexaggerate. We often argue because i'm always hot. :(

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »
Hi

Though i am a minor, i am never hot even in summer time. On the contarary i am always cold especially in winter :cold. My feet and hands are like a deep freezer in winter ( i already have a post on this).
On the contarary i thought since oxygen doesn't reach all our tissues in suffient amounts so it makes sense that blood circulation is weak and therefore we should feel cold.

I guess that you guys envy me  :rotfl

Manal

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 05:03:15 PM »
I guess that's common in thal patient, in our family me and my sister are hotter compare to anyone in our family. And our dr. then, explains that's because of the excess iron......
LYANNE :yahoo

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »
hello friend. My name is mumtaz Ahmed
my son is the patient of thal. major, as per subject i noticed that Thal major OR thal Minor, either feel too much Hot(especially hand and feet always burning) OR feel more cold( hands and feet Cold) then a normal person
I may wrong but what ever i experianced i shared with u people.
bye
I think it's a fact that thals experince more heat then the normal people,I am a thal minor and i experince heat like hell,i sweat like hell even when sitting right under the fan,and my daughter insists on keeping her night shirt's  buttons open while aircinditioning is on full blast,as far as i remember someone once mentioned here on this forum that it's due to the hemolysis going on in the body,so can't do much about that :(,now can we ?

ZAINI.

Offline Fadd

• Fadd
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 07:42:54 PM »
Being hot at all the times is the common problem of Almost all the Thals.. as i discussed it with my thal friends and 90% of them agreed with me that they also suffer the same situation.

Thal Patiend
Fadd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk