Is arthritis a secondary symptom of Thal Minor?

• 1 Replies
Is arthritis a secondary symptom of Thal Minor?
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »
I broke my toe recently and was told I have moderate arthritis in my feet.  This news peaked my interest because I suffer from unexplained frequent back and joint pain.  I was tested for Lyme disease but it came back negative. 

Does anyone know of a correlation between thal minor and arthritis?

I also have a younger brother with Thal Major.  I am posting questions about his condition there also.

Re: Is arthritis a secondary symptom of Thal Minor?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 04:19:43 PM »
yes, I have Thal m and suffer from a lot of joint pain.  I'm only 30 :(  My lower back has degenerative disk disease and my knucles hurt alot.  I'm constantly cracking them back into place.  My back goes out very often.

Exercise helps maintain a higher threshold for pain.  I was also told I might have Ehlers-Danlon because my joints are loose and pop out doing the most mundane things....like brushing teeth.  I was told at 14 I needed surgery to shorten my left shoulder's tendons so it would pop out. I told the doc I'd wait until the day it didn't pop back in...so far so good.

My lowerback tho, if I don't exercise it kills me and my knees soon follow.  My neck is always hurting.

I think there is more to this iron deposition thing and I think we minors may have quite a bit of iron deposits on the joints...but I'm speculating.  I'm new to Thal reserach.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk