Eyes red & glossy during tx

• 4 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Eyes red & glossy during tx
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:45:37 PM »
I notice that my son's eyes look red and glossy during tranfusions, the entire day of the tx and sometimes for a few days afterward.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Because the antibodies have returned to some extent, I wonder if this is related to hemolysis. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Eyes red & glossy during tx
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 03:01:54 AM »
Sharmin,

Little Z's eyes also look a little bit red on the day of transfusion.In Little A's case,i hope its not hemolysis related.

Love for Little A  :hugfriend

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline maha

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:41:49 AM »
Hi Sharmin
Hassan has never had red eyes during tx,but when my daughter was little, everytime she was admitted in hospital for IV saline her eyes would go red. The doc then had said it was because of the central air conditioner and it usually cleared in a day or two.

maha

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:06:21 AM »
Sometimes my eyes get red too after Tx which i think is due to sudden increase in blood quantity in body or it could also be due to Air Conditioner as Maha said. Some people including me are allergic to AC air if for long duration.
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »
Thanks guys,

I am glad to know that he is not the only one who gets the red eyes.  They are only slightly red, but I do notice them.  It is probably a combination of all of the factors discussed.  The air, receiving blood, possibly the chemicals used to clean etc. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk