the best treatment for hepatit C

• 4 Replies

Offline zs

the best treatment for hepatit C
« on: January 12, 2010, 01:14:47 AM »
hi all
what is the best treatment for hepatit C ? is there any new drug exept pegasys & ribavirin?
I need all of your experiance if you use that .
thanx all

Offline Narendra

Re: the best treatment for hepatit C
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »
Hello zs,

Welcome to thalpal.

Some members might be able to provide more information about the specific question on the new drugs for treatment, but here is what I found. This is from Standard of Care Guidelines for Thalassemia published by one of the best hospitals (Children's Hospital - Oakland) in the US that treats thalassemia.

From: http://thalassemia.com/documents/thalhandbook2008.final.pdf

8.3 Evaluation and treatment for hepatitis C
A decision on whether to recommend treatment of established hepatitis C depends on clinical status, severity, or progression of fibrosis. Treatment consists of pegylated interferon alfa given as a subcutaneous injection once a week and oral ribavirin twice daily for patients 18 years and older. (An interferon alfa and ribavirin combination is approved for children.)

Treatment with pegylated interferon alfa requires monitoring due to significant side effects, including
• neutropenia and thrombocytopenia
• evidence for hypothyroidism (antithyroid peroxidase antibody titer predicts complications of hypothyroidism)
• vision and hearing changes
• cardiac arrhythmia or failure
• depression

Liver enzymes and hepatitis C quantitative and qualitative (TMA) PCR should be monitored for response to treatment at one, two, three, six, twelve, and eighteen months. Ribavirin requires close monitoring of the hemoglobin because of increased risk of hemolysis. Patients on ribavirin require increased transfusions to avoid complications related to rapidly worsening anemia — particularly cardiac events. An increase in chelation is frequently necessary with an increase in blood requirement.

There is also a post where some of our members have used Black Onion Seeds. You can read more about it at http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=2639.0

Offline zs

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »
thanks for your reply
I will read them ya I know the treatment of hep C is peg with ribavirin but I wana know if anybody have new news about new drug ( I hear only short news in radio so dont have enough info)
and another thing that is important for me is if any use that and see side effect of that so must stop then what must to do?

Offline umar_farooq_x

• http://peopletalks.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »
the treatments you ppl r talking about. is it dangerous or painful?

Offline zs

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 07:51:26 PM »
I ont find out what you mean but it have some side effect or for painful u must inject the peg every week for long time( depend on your type)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk