thal majors with kids

• 20 Replies

Offline motheroftwins

Re: thal majors with kids
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome.  I need to get on here more and share stories.   

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 05:11:10 PM »
Hi motheroftwins,

I am a bit concerned about the level of care you are receiving. Are you getting an annual evaluation that includes a T2* scan of the heart? This is extremely important at your age to make sure your heart iron load is under control. If you need any advice or help with getting a proper annual evaluation, please contact Eileen at Cooley's. She will help direct you to a center where this can be done, possibly Chicago. With these annual evaluations, you can be sure that you will watch your children grow and thrive. I cannot overstate the importance of the annual evaluation.

Cooley's Anemia Foundation
330 Seventh Avenue, #900
New York, NY 10001
(800)522-7222
Fax: 212-279-5999

Patient Services Manager
Eileen Scott
eileen.s@cooleysanemia.org
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Maako

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 06:59:29 AM »
hi motheroftwins,

ure twins look beautiful :)
Maako

Offline jia

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 03:38:07 AM »
My thalassemia son just turned 7. Very happy child. I hope he will get married and have kids of his own someday.

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
hey dear ,,,,
              so nicew to see u and hear about u ........we r so motivated and feel so good seeing u with ur 2 daughters........i have a daughter n she is a thal major and is 7 yr old.......really worried abiout her as hse is very much concerned about her looks her height and her health.......she wants to ook like her mama......no matter what...........we jst pray for her ...seeing u so strong we are impressed and i showed ur pic to my daughter and her comments were all these 3 women are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline nat

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 07:24:12 AM »
A beautiful family, indeed.

Nice to know your story, motheroftwins :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk