Stress

• 17 Replies

Offline Laura

Stress
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:10:20 AM »
Hello!

Does anybody know if stress can make Hb decrease?

I'll explain myself. On the last months I've been doing too many things: I work (as usual), I rented my own flat so I have to do it all by myself and I am in politics (with the elections in a couple of months). Moreover, my parents are "old" (71 and 75) and I have to take care of them regularly (go to hospital -my father suffers from Alzheimer-, help them with the house routines...)

The fact is that I've notice that is going to be almost a year since my the last transfusion that allowed me to live 3 weeks with 2 backs of blood. Since then, I've been having like a bag per week. I know most adult people take 3 bags every 3-4 weeks but it wasn't my case till then and I can't find any other reason.

By the moment I've decided to give up politics after the elections and try to relax my life but I don't really know if it will help.

Do you know if there's some study or anything about it?

Thanks for your help.

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

Offline Prets

Re: Stress
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 03:43:26 PM »
Hi Laura,

I always felt that mental stress or even too much physical exertion can reduce hemoglobin. Not seen any studies on this yet, but when ever I try to do a lot, my hemoglobin comes out very low.

Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »
hi Laura.

i too have noticed that my haemoglobin drops faster wen my i try to do too much. i think stress plays a part in our HB levels.

shaziya

Offline Laura

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »
Hello!

Thank you for your replies.

I already started relaxing my life. I've not quit from politics but I've just left them aside for a while.

At the same time, I've decided not to think about my enterprise more than the owner. I think this will help me with hemoglobin.

Thanks again. I'll keep you update.

Kisses,

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:13:28 PM »
Ohh, Laura, I too keep myself way too much. It is good for my mentally healt, but not my physical health.
I had once again stopped chelation and immediately my hgb stays high for an extra week..... My body is strange. But when I work hard for two days straight, I savely can ramble that I sick the next day. So yes, that affects my hgb. I too have had one bag of blood for some time. I believe it was related to my Exjade intake, but once again I am an unique person.
I am sorry to hear about your father.  :hugfriend It must be very hard for your mother and you.
Do not quit politics, but do start to treat yourself more nicely. This year's resolution is more hot and long baths for me. I also released myself for a though job (get on track with my archives;))
Bueno suerte with every aspect of your live <3

Offline Dori

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
Laura,
I remember i read a topic about a guy from Italy? who wanted to travel through Europe and get transfusions along...? Where can I find that topic?

Offline Laura

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
Hi Dore!

Thanks for everything. About the topic of the Italian guy, I'll find it. I have to send him an e-mail because he's finally starting in my city and I want to know when he's comming, etc.

I'll post the link when I find it.

Besos (Kisses),

Laura.

Offline Laura

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »
The post is the following:

Discussion Forums / Thalassemia Major / Re: travel with thalassemia mayor

Kisses,

Laura.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
I am totally stress since days due everything that is happening including my very important exams (and I answered the heaviest question wrong; I just know that since a few hours). Exams take 4 weeks to become marks. I got one assignment to finish so soon as possible (read monday was the deadline); 1 exam from 5-7:30PM thursday and 10-12:30AM friday morning the second and the last and third at monday from 4-6:30PM. And somehow I just cannot get destressed.

I also I suffer from leg cramps since a month. They have become unbearable at night so I sleep only a few hours because of a working pain killer. I have taken yesterday and today 2 tablets of vitd/calcium/magnesium: I am afraid I cannot find those tablets now. No idea how much these contain of three. Here I got it: vit 5 ug / 100% (daily); calcium 400mg 50% (daily) magnesium 150mg (40% (daily).

I must add that I have not take proper chelation since Christmas, Last year these times I took 1500mg and the first 2 months and 1 week of this year I took 125mg. Since then I have not take anything.

Offline Laura

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »
I think you're even more stressed than me!!!

I've relaxed my life a little and I'm feeling quite better.

I'll continue updating.

Kisses.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 02:45:39 AM »
This is a very interesting topic.
The one thing which i am sure of is that stress reduces the immunity

manal

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 04:02:12 AM »
yes manal ur right. stress reduces immunity. these past few weeks have been so stressful that i hav cum down with an infection now. looking back i see that whenever i get stressed i cum down with some infection or the other. but what to do? life is a fight. nothing is easy.
shazya

Offline Dori

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »
The rain totally wet me, the lack of sleep plus the stress. Oh dear, let my donor have been immume for this all -) Now only if my spirit..... can handle it..... I will be safe?
The pain in my legs is up and top severely. It's distracting me from studying.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »
Dore,

hope things will become better soon, good luck in your exams

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk