RBC ANITBODY

• 3 Replies

Offline Sagar

• Lets fight thalassemia together...
RBC ANITBODY
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »
Nowadays it takes lot of time for crossmatching for my son's blood. I have been told that he is tested positive for RBC antibody and that is why it takes lot of time for crossmatching.

Can anyone help me on this.

Offline Sagar

• Lets fight thalassemia together...
Re: RBC ANITBODY
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »
this topic should be discussed in detail. Anybody who has knowledge about this can come forward and post his comments.

Offline Nur

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 03:24:33 AM »
Hi,

Sorry for taking too long to answer your question. I am not an expert on this topic and i might not have the exact answer for this problem. I have an antibody in my blood too. The doctors explained that this can happen because i have been transfusing for such a long time. Even though the  cross matching of the blood is done to ensure the right blood being transfused, there is a small chance of the blood not being the exact match to the type of blood you have. After a long time, your body will produce some sort of antibody in the blood.

When there is an antibody surely it gets harder for cross matching. My hospital usually takes two weeks  to find my type of blood because of the antibody. You can ask your doctor for the type of antibody your son have.

hope this helps.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »
HI,
SINCE LAST MANY MONTHS I AM FACING SKIN RASH ON THE WHOLE BODY. MY DOC. TOLD ME THAT IT IS DEFINITELY DUE TO ANTI BODIES DUE TO SO MANY BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS AND NOT DUE TO ASUNRA.
HE SAID NOW UR COOMB'S TEST(DIRECT AND INDIRECT) WILL BE POSITIVE. SUGGEST ME EXTENDED PANEL CROSS MATCHING AND TRANSFUSING TRIPLE WASHED RBC/RCC BLOOD COMPONENT. ANTI BODIES IS THE REASON FOR MANY AND FREQUENT REACTION.

I ALSO NEED INFO.

DHARMESH.

Start listening your body, it always gives signs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk