Can we prevent the transmission of thalassemia to our children?!!!

• 4 Replies
I heard that we can prevent the transmission of thalasemia Gene to our babes, by giving the wife a syringe contains a specific drug before the  sexual intercourse with her husband, and this drug lasts just for 6 hours during this period the husbands should have the sexual intercourse.
Does  any one have any idea or heard about that?!!
please help me cause me and my wife has the minor thalassemia!!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Can we prevent the transmission of thalassemia to our children?!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
There is no truth to this. Anyone trying to sell you anything that can guarantee a thal major won't be born is a fraud.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »
OK,
Can you let me know if you heard about any researches or tests were made about the prevention of the transmission of the gene to the children!!

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
I highly suggest not to try anything like this! As Andy said, this would be possibly fraud and a scam.

Thal minors never has problems, my brother, dad and mother all are thal minors and I see them active like anything, especially my parents even at this age. If you eat well and remain active, thal minor is nothing, instead we majors lure to become Thal minors, haha.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »
There is no way to prevent any gene carried by a parent from being passed on to children. It is purely chance. When two minors have a child there is a 25% chance that the offspring will be thal major, but the odds are only odds and in real life you cannot count on odds to protect you.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk