Has Anyone ever tried Ayurveda or accupressture

• 18 Replies
Has Anyone ever tried Ayurveda or accupressture
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »
Hi, I have been reading on the net about various ayurvedic centres claiming they have a cure for thal. So I was wondering has anyone tried it. How was it..... Any help at all. Also about accupressure. Thanx all

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Has Anyone ever tried Ayurveda or accupressture
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:58 PM »
I don't believe anything helps. My parents has experimented Ayurveda as well as Homeopathy, but no results were shown. I would not suggest to go for it, but yes other Ayurvedic things which keeps a child healthy can be taken.
Every child is special.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
Hi Pratik, thank you for your response. If don't mind may I ask what homeopathic medicine did they try and what did they try in ayurveda. Its just that I have been reading so much on the net. Homeopaths do say they can't cure it but just help. But Ayurvedics claim they can cure it. Also which ayurvedic medicines do you recommend to keep a child healthy. Thanks again

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »
Hi, Is there anyone else also who can comment on ayurveda or accupressure? Would be grateful for any information. Thank you again.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »
The thing is, Mrs. Pooja, that most Ayurvedic medicines contains IRON as bhasma or churnas and most of those medics don't know about real thalassemia major but they eventually consider it sometimes as that the child may having lack of iron, and hence giving such medicines; hence why I won't recommend. But powers like Triphala, sudarshan dhanvati, methi powder,etc keeps body's antibody well protected from various viruses and germs, which is only what I can recommend.

-P.
Every child is special.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »
But powers like Triphala, sudarshan dhanvati, methi powder,etc keeps body's antibody well protected from various viruses and germs, which is only what I can recommend.
-P.

Would those be prescriptions or OTC, or vitamins?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
Well, they are the Indian names on Ayurveda medicines/powders. Where do you reside?
Every child is special.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »
Thanx Pratik, Can I  bother you again if I have more questions

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
Sure sister (if you don't mind as calling Mrs, I feel awkward haha). :)

-P.
Every child is special.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
I'm in Jacksonville Florida America

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »
doctor assures me that there are no metals involved( iron or otherwise), I have to boil some herbs... Make a karah (a hot drink) by boiling it to half. By the way which homeopathic medicine did u try.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
Well, I am really not sure about what Homeopathic medicines they were, I was hardly like 5-6 when they were being given to me. I also tried some in late 2007, but none of those were of help really, so I don't suggest to fall for it.

About karah/kadaha/ukala/ukada (too many names ha ha), yes I drink it daily. My relatives when comes to my city periodically gives their home made karah to me which my mom prepares daily morning and I drink it; it really helps me stay healthy. You can get at any of the near Ayurveda center or even Ramdev baba's center, if there is one in your city. It keeps the immune system nice. I hardly fall sick.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Narendra

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 04:34:28 PM »
First of all - I not a Thal(Major) so can't really relate to Ayurveda and Thalassemia. But from what I have read and experienced is that Ayurveda is NOT medicine only. Ayurveda is a lifestyle.

I was at an Ayurvedic camp at VaidyagrAma (http://ayurvedahealingvillage.net) in Southern part of India in Summer and it was an awesome experience. The doctor's were traditional Vaidya's (Doctors). They did not claim a cure for Thalassemia when I asked them. They said - In the old books of Ayurveda, we haven't read of Thalassemia. But when I described the symptoms and what happens with a Thal(Major) - he said - this looks more like <Some medical condition he mentioned that I don't remember>. He mentioned it would help if they see the patient as most of Ayurveda relates to listening to the pulse and knowing the prakruti (fundamental matter) of a person. You can see updates/photos of Vaidyagram at https://www.facebook.com/vaidyagrama and http://www.facebook.com/groups/punarnavacommunity

If anyone is interested more in my experience at Vaidyagram do send me a personal message.

The key to trying Ayurvedic treatment is patience. Also, the most important thing is going to an authentic Ayurvedic place rather than the hundreds of Ayurvedic clinics we see in India.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:53:11 PM by Narendra »

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »
I know Narendra, Ayurveda is a branch, but since some non-Indians may get confused at word 'Ayurvedic', I was using Ayurveda to reference it.

-P.
Every child is special.

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 02:24:28 AM »
Thank you Narendra. Thank you Pratik.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk