Need suggeation ..............plz help

• 3 Replies

Offline Bappy

Need suggeation ..............plz help
« on: October 13, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
Hi friends,
This is saddam hossain bappy. I have some confusion and unable to understand. my weight is my problem, from last 6 years my ferritin level found different in different times but my weight found same. Last year my ferritin found 5100 & weight is 54 kg. Now my ferritin is 2248 and weight is same. i am unable to understand that, am i improving or not !

Please suggest me...............................
I am a thalassamia E-beta patient and I am a M.B.S student

Offline Dharmesh

Re: Need suggeation ..............plz help
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 06:31:41 AM »
That's not the problem , it is good that your weight is stable at 54 kg. If weight increase then u will need more transfusion and more chelation and i do believe that ur weight is ok. 54 is good. Whats ur BMI ? ur Height?
My weight is stable at 48 since last 2-3 years and S. ferritin has been at 10048 which was at 5000 to 6000 since last 3 years and jumped to 10048 in last 1 years.
So i dontt feel that it is problem.

and ask your body that it is improving or not, your strength, appetite , mood swing will tell about improvement. Do analyse your body. Body always indicate
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:15:31 AM by HANUMANT AASHRIT »
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »
Bappy,

Tell us something about your typical diet. What types of food do you eat and how much and how often do you eat? Are you getting a high calorie diet?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Bappy

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 04:39:10 PM »
Sir Andy,

Normally i eat everything. But my mom have a different foods list for me, like vegetables,fish,meat(sometimes),egg (sometimes),fruits (apple,orange,mango ) etc. I drink tea (6-8 cup)daily,milk(some times) and Most of times i try to avoided iron foods .

Thanks
I am a thalassamia E-beta patient and I am a M.B.S student

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk