Checklist for thal majors?

• 17 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Checklist for thal majors?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 11:32:40 PM »
Tests in general vary. Small differences in hemoglobin level are insignificant. In addition to test margin of error, with the hemoglobin test, variations in the level of hydration also affect the test.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline BabyI

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 05:57:02 AM »
Thanks Andy. I guess then just stressing about the hemaglobin number isn't the best thing to do.

Offline BabyI

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 12:16:13 AM »
Update on my BabyI

Today went to the doctors for regular blood count. They do a neede stick on the foot. I guess I allow that rather then anywhere is because its less upsetting then seeing them poke all over on her tiny hands or arms and them seeing the bruising for days. Doctor said the heel stick is fine but not as accurate. Anyways the previous two times the blood count seemed to be up but this time it's 6.8. I'm sure it's probably in low 7's but nonetheless it's lower then previous. My doctor suggested phenotyping and then transfusing. I'm not entirely thrilled about this because I want the doctor in the excellence center Dr. Giardina to see her as well before beginning. My daughter has been cranky a lot and doesn't sleep well during the day but that could be because I became sick and my milk supply went down. Are there any other signs I should look for? Dr. Giardina will see my daughter in 2 weeks, is that too long to wait? My daughter was 14.5 lbs a month ago and is 14.7 now. Not much but again could be my fault. I want to do what's best for my baby but I don't know what is best right now; to wait and get a final evaluation from treatment of excellence or go ahead with transfusion?

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk