Gallbladder

• 4 Replies

Offline Nur

Gallbladder
« on: May 15, 2013, 02:30:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

I recently have upper abdomen pains which are very painful. I went to the doc and they found out that I have stones in my gallbladder. They planned to take my gallbladder out.

To my confusion, A week later I went back to the doctor but they couldn't see any stones or the gallbladder at all! The doctor said it might have gone out by itself or the gallbladder had already burst.  What happened? does anyone know?

If it has been bursted, Isn't it dangerous? What should I do now?

your replies is appreciated. Thank you.

Nur

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Gallbladder
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:56:36 AM »
Hi Nur,

Are you still having the pains? Have you had any fever? Gallstones in thals can be difficult to detect because they can be a sludge rather than stones. Rupture can also be difficult to diagnose. You can read about rupture at http://www.healthline.com/health/gallbladder-rupture

Are you still scheduled for removal?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:50:05 AM »
Hi Nur,

The pain may also be due to some other reason. Is ur SGPT and bilirubin level are normal?
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline Nur

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »
Hello, Thank you for replying.

What is SGPT? my bilirubin is a bit higher than normal but it has been that way since a long time ago.

Andy, the thought that it might have busted scared me. What if it is? Should I be feeling sick or anything? I don't have fever, There is no pain since the day i know I have gallstones and that had been more than a week now.

My doctors advised me to take the gallbladder out no matter if I have the stones or not. If you ask me, I don't want to have it removed because of fear of infections and I am scared of surgery.

:scared

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 01:44:09 AM »
SGTP=ALT. Coomon liver enzyme test that all patients using Exjade should have at least monthly.

It is unlikely that your gallbladder ruptured if you have had no fever and also the pain has subsided. It's a tricky situation for the doctor because a rupture could endanger your life. Just as with the appendix, they will want to remove it to be safe. I don't think it should be urgent if this was a one time occurrence. As I mentioned, gallstones can be in the form of a sludge and are not so easily diagnosed, so it could seem there are none when there are. I advise that you make a point of observing for pain and report it to your doctor.

Gallbladder removal is quite simple in most cases, as it is removed laparoscopically, using a few small holes for the surgery. If it has to go, don't hesitate. It is not worth the risk.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk