Night sweats - anyone else (I have Hemo H)

• 9 Replies
Night sweats - anyone else (I have Hemo H)
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:27:43 AM »
Hi all,
I have had really bad night sweats for years. It never bothered me before but I now am sharing a bed with my partner and am really noticing it.

My Dr has checked my Thyroid and my blood sugar levels....

I'm now thinking it may be becasue of my Thal.... Anyone else get this???

Offline joanne

Re: Night sweats - anyone else (I have Hemo H)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:51:05 AM »
I have also started in the last couple of months..how old are you? I think we could be in perimenopause

Offline Bobby

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:29:54 AM »
I really hope it's not premenopause because I have them too.  :rotfl Always have, even in the winter. As a matter of fact I'm always warmer than everyone else. I definitely think its thal related, possibly because of the body struugle to make more red blood cells make it think it always working out.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »
My son 4.5 yrs old (HbE-beta thal) is having same thing. I have asked to his doctor he is telling it is common in thal, because the bone marrows are over working.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 11:07:47 PM »
Hemolysis, the breakdown of red blood cells, generates heat and is one reason thals often feel hot. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone notices getting more tired during these hot spells.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 04:21:28 AM »
And, Of course, the hemolysis leads to more bone marrow activity and on and on in a vicious cycle, as the body tries to replace the red blood cells lost to hemolysis.
Andy

Offline Bobby

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 05:32:05 AM »
I notice that after I eat lunch and sit at my desk at work or right after dinner at home I usually have to turn on a fan. I can feel the heat on my skin and even get little beads of sweat. Maybe about 15mins later I'm drained of energy. Sometimes to the point where it kinda feels like blacking out. It usually goes away after 10-15mins.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 03:35:26 AM »
OMG! Thank god someone else is saying yes also....

I am 31 years old and we have checked the hormone thing and the Thyroid thing...

But I'm drenched at night.... soaked!

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
I have horrible nights sweats and will soak up my shirt typically and sometimes even my bad. We ruled out Hep A, B, C, any sort of STD, Tuberculosis, parasites or bacteria. We picked up on beta thalasemmia and food allergies to Peanut, Walnut, Soy, Wheat, Corn, Shrimp, and Sesame. I don't know if thalassemia is causing it. I am pretty sure I am a beta thalassemia minor but wanted to share my info about night sweats.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »
Night sweats can be related to common medications. I was getting them from Zyrtec, a common allergy med. My doctor was surprised and had me tested for cancer. I quit Zyrtec. Problem was solved.

Thals have a high turnover of red blood cells and this constant breakdown does add heat to the body. Most thals I know complain of being hot. alienware, can you get your CBC results? Have you had a hemoglobin electrophoresis test done yet
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk