Thalassaemia and sports. Prove it

• 50 Replies

Offline Prets

Re: Thalassaemia and sports. Prove it
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »
Right now i'm a big zero in sports and any physical activity. Even as a kid - i was always last in sports, especially races!      :grin

I don't seem to build stamina with exercise - I keep getting worse.

But I like dancing - few seconds at a time - as much as I can manage. ( Its a sport right?????    lol  )

:boogie
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

Offline Dori

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 12:51:15 PM »
If there would live more humans like me, with this, I would probably be more active. Maybe I will out for a walk today.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
Sorry for bumping the thread.

As I let you guys know that I've ordered supplements like L-Arginine, IGF-1 and Whey Protein Isolate (powder) from bodybuilding.com , I was quite impressed to see what people has toned their bodies to.

I was a fan of body building since my childhood, and even used to train hard like pushups, pullups, running/walking 1-2 kms a day and such other things back in 2007-2008. I also won a new comer achievement award into badminton camp back in 2007, so I was sporty and badminton was a sport I could take myself pride in.

But all that ended, my dreams and everything after I was first hit with diabetes (still that didn't broke my morale down and I was a regular exerciser) but April 2009 which hit me with osteoporosis. I sometimes thought or rather cried alone suffering with pain and thinking the golden days back of 2007-08 and that how good those days was. I could not even lift my foot by a cm during 2009 till it's end.

Today, I'm good and can walk and run a few meters continuously but my bones are still brittle but getting stronger day by day as I'm taking Osteocare (a good calcium/mag supplement).

So while searching L-Arginine I was linked to those natural products. I also ordered dumbbells (2.5 kg each) and plan to start intense weight training and body building myself in home. If an improvement is seen and when I gain enough strength, I'll probably start Gym as well.

Thal major isn't going to stop my from reaching my goals.

In case anyone wonders what I ordered, here's the list:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/jarrow/arginine1000.html (L-Arginine)
https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/igf.html (IGF-1)
https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/whey.html (Whey Protein - Purest form of greater amount of protein available on earth with very low carbs and calories).

All above products are safe and can be used for thals. It's a coincidence that body builders use it regularly and they do get good and optimum result. They are little costly, but oh well.

Arginine would increase or rather accelerate and help for Growth Hormone production as well as many other benefits like keeping heart healthy, supplying NO, etc.

IGF-1 means Insulin (like) Growth Factor. It is the main component that is used to make/secrete GH and leads to growth of muscle mas and also leans body. Thal majors has very low amount of IGF-1 which stunts growth. This thing can help promote growth and the growth of muscle mass as well. I will report how it goes when it arrives and I've waited considerably to see the results.

Now Whey Protein is something very great. Purest protein, no sugar and unflavored (as I'm diabetic, it's boon for me). Protein is needed for building muscle mass and also to burn sugar and fatness. This one contains pure protein and in good amounts.

I hope one day, I'll too have a body of which I can be proud.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 12:33:18 AM »
Pratik,

One more note on something I learned yesterday. IP6 has a positive effect on bone strength too, when calcium and magnesium are also being used. One supplement contains all 3 together because of this. I hope your body adjusts to it soon.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 05:54:26 AM »
Pratik,

One more note on something I learned yesterday. IP6 has a positive effect on bone strength too, when calcium and magnesium are also being used. One supplement contains all 3 together because of this. I hope your body adjusts to it soon.
Yes Andy, I saw it also contains little amount of cal and mag. I hope so. I'm improving day by day, so I should be starting Exjade in no more than 2 days and will also toss IP6 in between after couple of days and see if I can again adjust it to my routine.

-P.
Every child is special.

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
I do a lot of yoga and pilates with some cardio mixed in.  Get winded easily, but I do what I can.  If I don't keep moving, I just want to sleep:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk