Quiver

• 3 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Quiver
« on: July 10, 2008, 04:36:31 AM »
Every now and then my son says that he feels a little quiver/sudden shiver and he needs to take a quick breath at the same time.  This happened (the quiver) once last week and once tonight. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Could this be related to a deficiency?  Iron or desferal? Prednisone?  I hope that it is not neurological in nature. 

It is hard to know when to take something seriously with kids...I hate having to worry so much all of the time... :(

Sharmin
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:10:11 AM by sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Quiver
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:46:53 PM »
Sharmin,

Is it possible this is related to the prednisone? My son would get very jittery at times when on prednisone. It is a stimulant and this is why it is effective in asthma.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 06:45:15 AM »
I remember I used to get shivers when I was too small to take the inhaler and used to take the syrup (Ventolin- Salbutamol) but when I grew up I was on the same medicine but switched to inhaler which didn't give me anymore shivers.

Probably the syrup is too concentrated to make it through the digestive system while the inhaler is not.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline olivia mary

• Olivia Mary
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »
Sharmin...

My 6yrd old son has asthma and he too feels like this when he has to take a steriod......it can make him feel like this.

Kathleen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk