Which is the best form of wheatgrass for thalassemics??

• 20 Replies

Offline PositiveVibes

Which is the best form of wheatgrass for thalassemics??
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:31:37 PM »
Hi ! I was taking wheatgrass tablets a few years ago but I stopped then because I could not buy it .
So, my wish is to start taking wheatgrass again in order to improve my overall health condition and hopefully to increase my hb. thanks to Danielle I get the link http://drwheatgrass.businesscatalyst.com/ where I can buy it online. But actually, I do not know what exaclty I should order. I did not find wheatgrass tablets on the catalogue or wheatgrass juice, as I have heard only about them.. There are only wheatgrass supershots and some kinds of wh. cream for skin?
So, what is the right form of using wheatgrass for us, patients with thalassemia and where I can find it. Thank you!
Rozitka

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Which is the best form of wheatgrass for thalassemics??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 03:20:21 PM »
Hi Rozitka,

The wheatgrass supershots are meant for internal use. The recovery spray can be taken internally (I've taken it for several years but it is not officially approved for internal use and not as strong as the supershots). I have observed that it works even better when the shots are taken along with wheatgrass tablets. My favorite wheatgrass tablets can be seen at http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4993  Kamut is an original non-hybrid form of wheat.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline PositiveVibes

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »
Thanks Andy ! I opened the link that you offered to me. Are these tablets as effective as the other wheatgrass tablets(the original ones). If they serve in the same way for thalassemia I will order them, because it is more convinient to use tablets than spray for me. And what about the wheatgrass juice? Which one is better- the pills or the juice according to you. and is it available to buy the juice through i-net.
Rozitka

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:16:46 PM »
These are the best wheatgrass tablets I have found. Kamut is an original wheat grain that has not been changed through hybridization like what is now called wheat.
Andy

Offline PositiveVibes

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
Hi Andy! I tried to order Kamut wheatgrass tablets from the site you told me, but unfortunately I saw that Bulgaria is not included among the countries. So,  I could not. Do you have any idea how I can buy them in other way  ? :)
Rozitka

Offline Bigg

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:29:26 AM »
Hello to the friend from this part of world!
I'm from Poland, so this is the same part of world...
I often have similar problems with shipping. But all you have to do is to send an e-mail to them, so that they can ship this manually. It's not a matter of post services or something like that, because post services are available everywhere... They probably never shipped to Bulgaria...

I will probably be using these tablets too, after I finish my Supershots.
And the easiest way to get Supershots in Europe is this shop:

http://www.superfooduk.com/dr-wheatgrass-supershots-150ml-31-p.asp

They had good price compared to other shops, but you always have to compare for yourself, everything can change. Done shopping already twice there, fast delivery, and since Bulgaria is member of EU, there should be no problems with customs, VAT, etc.

Hope this helps,
Bigg

Offline Life is Beautiful ~

• Writing on behalf of my daughter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 12:09:32 PM »
As advised by the haematologist whom we consult, the best form of wheat grass is the one you could  cultivate at home. However, it is a bit cumbersome. So, we buy wheat grass powder. It comes from Pune in India. In case you are interested, please let me know. I will send you the address of the distributor written on the pack.
I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 02:08:02 PM »
Can you supply the name and address of the Pune wheatgrass distributor? I want to confirm that my information is still correct.
Andy

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »
I will have a look at the pack and send you tomorrow. However, I buy them from a Calcutta based distributor of Green Heart - Wheatgrass (Manufactured by Eden Park). The contact details of the lady are as follows:

Ms. Indrani Dasgupta
Proprietor - Metco Corporation
44/7, Hazra Road
(Near Allenbury Workshop on Hazra Road)
Kolkata
INDIA

Contact No.:  +91 98302 48161

There is another company, Wheatgrass India, Manufacturer of "Deerghayu" brand Wheatgrass Tablets.

B-205/206, "Hans Sarovar"
(Above Hotel Darpan Gultekdi)
Market Yard
Pune
PIN - 411 037
INDIA
I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

Offline PositiveVibes

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 02:44:43 PM »
Hii Bigg, Andy & Life is beautiful !:) thanks for your information.. it will be of great help to me:) Bigg, thanks for the site.. I will definetely order wheatgrass from there.. since shipping to BG is possible;) I am thinking of what exactly to be.. I do not know, the powder I have to mix with liquid or the tablets, ot the supershots of dr Wheatgrass.. do you know what is the most efficient ? :) Please tell me your opinion, it is really of importance to me. :)
Btw Andy, today I received IP6 I have ordered and tomorrow I will start using it :)
Rozitka

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 05:13:16 AM »
You will be able to find all the details about Green Heart Wheat Grass in their site:

http://www.greenheartindia.com/

They have revamped their site. I didn't notice it earlier.

Can you supply the name and address of the Pune wheatgrass distributor? I want to confirm that my information is still correct.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 05:20:10 AM »
My daughter takes it after putting it into half cup of water. The number of sachets that you have to take depends on your age, body weight and the level of complications. However, the best part about wheat grass is that it is not toxic. At least, it is not going to do any harm to you. However, best way to take wheat grass is to grow it at home and consume it in the form of fresh juice.

Hii Bigg, Andy & Life is beautiful !:) thanks for your information.. it will be of great help to me:) Bigg, thanks for the site.. I will definetely order wheatgrass from there.. since shipping to BG is possible;) I am thinking of what exactly to be.. I do not know, the powder I have to mix with liquid or the tablets, ot the supershots of dr Wheatgrass.. do you know what is the most efficient ? :) Please tell me your opinion, it is really of importance to me. :)
Btw Andy, today I received IP6 I have ordered and tomorrow I will start using it :)

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 05:21:53 AM »
Thanks for the information and the links. Wheatgrass tablets are very easy to take and no unpleasant taste to deal with like with fresh wheatgrass juice. For long term supplementation, tablets are a good inexpensive alternative.
Andy

Offline Bigg

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
Now that I think and rethink this, in my opinion it is better to order Green Kamut powder (see below why).
It's a pity that I did not find out about Green Kamut before. :banghead

I am thinking of what exactly to be.. I do not know, the powder I have to mix with liquid or the tablets, ot the supershots of dr Wheatgrass.. do you know what is the most efficient ? :)

About the formulation - which is the most effective (not exactly an answer to your question yet)?
We have very limited information on how wheatgrass works and how is absorbed best. There was only one research (correct if I am wrong) about this performed by supershots manufacturer. It reads on the bottle: "Retain in mouth for 1 minute for best effects".
So I guess no matter what form wheatgrass is bought in (liquid or powder), it should be dissolved (if it's powder) and kept in your mouth for some time. In this case the formulation would have no effect on final result.
Still, there can be some problems with wheatgrass extraction - for example some of the antioxidants can be lost during extraction (more for powder, than for liquid, because drying lasts longer). But we do not know to what extend this happens and have to rely on the recommended dosage of wheatgrass in powder and in liquid form.

Which of these two is more efficient in terms of financial issues?
Let's calculate the cost of the recommended daily dosage:
For supershots:
23 Euro (for a whole bottle) / 30 (number of servings) = 0,76 Euro.

For Green Kamut Wheat Grass Juice capsules:
10 Euro (for a whole pack) / 80 (80 Servings in the whole pack, One serving of Green Kamut® = 1 oz. fresh wheatgrass juice) = 0,125 Eu

So based on this calculation Kamut is 6 times cheaper.
Even if we assume that powder contains less antioxidants than liquid and double recommended dosage it's still 3 times cheaper.
But it looks like this has already been accounted for - daily recommended dose recalculated for unconcentrated wheatgrass juice is:
supershots: 0.5 oz (however I can't find exact data on how much it is concentrated - probably 3 times)
Kamut: 1 oz.

You should definetely try to contact the site, where they sell Kamut, although buying it may require dealing with customs and will rather take longer than for supershots. Another option is to find European site where they sell it. I've tried but I can only find some other brands...

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4994
- is the same Kamut wheatgrass, not in capsules, but in powder. It is even cheaper.

regards,
Bigg

Offline Bigg

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »
**I've come across another interesting wheatgrass supplement.
It is sold via puritan.com, so there would be no problems with shippping:

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?PID=7220&CID=4&CPID=10416

And I can see on the manufacturer's site that the processing temperature is 41 degrees Celsius.

http://wheatgrass.com/product-info/processing-wheat-grass/

I can't see which variety it is (Kalmut or other).
Do you have any opinions about this product?

**There are also some interesting facts on their site:

http://wheatgrass.com/product-info/wheat-grass-research/

http://www.wheatgrass.com/book/

This breakthrough book brings together, for the first time, all research about cereal grasses published over the past 60 years into one well-written, easy-to-read volume. There is a complete index and listing of over 150 scientific references.

I will definetely read this.

B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk