Use Asunra

• 5 Replies

Offline Ambika

Use Asunra
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:36:33 PM »
Hi All

Ambika is back again

She is doing fine now whenevre she goes for any tests or blood transfusion she remain very calm
She is now 1.8 years old . Dr . chandy has given dates for her BMT in Aug 2009.

I want to ask you all please tell menow her Serum ferritin has reached up to the level 1000.00

and doc's is suggesting to start asunra that has been launched in India  as at the time of BMT Ferritin level to be low

Please suggest

AMbika

Re: Use Asunra
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 02:09:18 PM »
Hello Ambika,

Asunra/Exjade is prescribed to children at the age of 2 in US, it is prescribed at the age of 6 in Canada or younger if desferal is not well tolerated.

Chelation usually starts after 12-15 blood transfusions or when the ferrtin reaches 1000. The doctors can decide if they want to start the Asunra before age 2 if the ferritin is atleast 1000, however, I think the starting dosage will be low.

The lower the ferritin at the time of BMT, the better it is.

Good luck with the BMT.
Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 04:22:17 AM »
Ambika,

At this age I think that desferal would be the safest method of chelation.  My son began desferal at 18months - 3 days a week and 10 hours a day.  This dose maintained his ferritin below 900 for many years.  I don't think that exjade or L1 is recommended for children below 2 years, therefore desferal may be your best choice.  I wish you luck in reducing your daughter's iron levels quickly. 

Best of luck with the BMT,   

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »
Hello  as all ur friend guided u in best way, here i only would like to mention that ASUNRA is lanched in Pakistan not in India. and it is available in the strength of 100mg and 400mg if u need the doctor who is dealing in ASUNRA i will provide his phone number also

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:14:09 PM »
Mumtaz,

Asunra was launched and is available both in Pakistan and India.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline anjjela

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »
Hello Ambika

nice to know tht u r from delhi...im from agra..
can u tell me about ur Doctor...where is he located?
yes Asunra has launched in india as well n i've also started taking it recently...
i have also read tht it is recommended for children (aged 2 years n over).
All d Best for ur daughter's BMT...will keep her in my prayers.

love n regards
angela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk