Thal build

• 43 Replies

Offline tyson

Thal build
« on: February 26, 2009, 05:07:38 AM »
Hey guys i was wondering if its true that thals dont get big at all (body wise). Does thal have effect on muscle development if i tried to build some muscle. i dont want to enormously big just more tonned. ive always had this thing in my heard that we cant be built and we stay a small build. just want to confurm.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Thal build
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »
Hi Tyson,

Most thals I have met are slender in build, but I think that with resistance training thals can be toned.  I don't think that thals should be on high protein diets etc. to build muscle because that could be tough on the liver and kidneys, however with a balanced diet and regular exercise hals can build strong bones and muscle.  Be sure to have enough calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and vitamin D  in your diet to achieve these benefits from exercise. 

I hope this helps,

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:08:47 AM »
I don't know about muscle build but Thals do gain strength if on regular exercise and small scale weight lifts. Thats my personal experience.
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 02:51:40 PM »
I think that as long as you are well chelated and there is no iron over load in your body in addition to balanced diet and excerise as Sharmin stated you will be able to reach what you want. The key word here is porper chelation in order to deal with a normal body that will help you achieve what you want

manal

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
first i think to visite your Dr.and check your blood and also the protine ,, you can start with small waight but you have to mantain good protine level and from fresh food like chicken also the calsium level from milk also you can take prescribtion from your Dr to take some kind of vitamine containing calsium and protine (EAT TOO MUCH HEALTHY FOOD) :wink

KHALIFA
                                 STATE OF KUWAIT
RED_PILOT

Offline Dori

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »
I have read an article about an UK Thal who runned a marathon last year! He wanted to do this once, so i guess he fulfit a dream :)
His doctor told him not to sport when his hgb was too low and he was given extra transfusions to be able to do enough excersizes before the big day.

Offline Poirot

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »
Hey guys i was wondering if its true that thals dont get big at all (body wise). Does thal have effect on muscle development if i tried to build some muscle. i dont want to enormously big just more tonned. ive always had this thing in my heard that we cant be built and we stay a small build. just want to confurm.

Dr Wonke of UK used to advise all thals to go to the gym - she used to say that regular exercise was part of the regime that will keep us healthy and fit for long - you can consider weight training, if your heart function is in the normal range. Aerobic exercises may not help as much, apart from swimming and walking (not jogging)

Cheers

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »
Hi all,

Weight training builds bones and muscles in thal major and recommended. Rope skipping is highly recommended for children 8 and up. Swimming is not recommended as it is not weight bearing exercise at all. However, if someone like swimming its good for stamina.

I think a lot depends on the parental genes as well and with proper care thal major can achieve anything they want including optimal height and weight.
Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 10:07:05 PM »
I would like to add to the discussion concerning swimming. As CF stated, it is not a weight bearing exercise, but some thals have such weak bones that most weight bearing exercises cannot be tried, at least until they reverse their osteo, so exercise like swimming can have some real value.

For more about weight bearing exercise and osteo see http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00263

What is "Weightbearing"?
Weightbearing describes any activity you do on your feet that works your bones and muscles against gravity. Bone is living tissue that constantly breaks down and reforms. When you do regular weightbearing exercise, your bone adapts to the impact of weight and pull of muscle by building more cells and becoming stronger.

Some activities recommended to build strong bones include:

Brisk walking, jogging, and hiking.
Yard work such as pushing a lawnmower and heavy gardening.
Team sports, such as soccer, baseball, and basketball.
Dancing, step aerobics, and stair climbing.
Tennis and other racquet sports.
Skiing, skating, karate, and bowling.
Weight training with free weights or machines.
Although they are excellent cardiovascular exercise choices, swimming and bicycling are not weightbearing activities, so are not as effective as the above activities in adding bone mass. If musculoskeletal conditions prevent weight-bearing exercise, then swimming and cycling are good alternatives. They do have some bone-building capacity.

You should exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, four or more days a week. Besides improving bone strength, regular exercise also increases muscle strength, improves coordination and balance, and leads to better overall health. To sustain the bone strengthening benefit of weightbearing activity, you must increase the intensity, duration and amount of stress applied to bone over time.

So, if the condition is bad, swimming should be seen as a possible alternative until a better situation develops. I think the value is probably more in creating better circulation and providing more oxygen to the bones, than the value that weight bearing exercise has in a direct way. Anything that does help build muscle will take some stress off of the bones, so thals are advised to do any type of exercise they can manage. Even those who cannot handle weight bearing exercise will be able to work towards doing so if they are doing whatever exercise they can currently manage.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »
It is Spring again so I will restart my brisk walking. It's a pity that bicyling is out of the question. Andy, is there a level of hgb from which you can get furlough to doing weightbearing?

:)

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »
Dore,

Bike riding is excellent exercise even if it isn't directly a weight bearing exercise, just as is swimming is not weight bearing. For many thals with weak bones, these exercises may be preferable. They do build the muscles, while sparing shock to the joints, and are actually some of the better all around exercises for your health. I don't think there's any particular Hb level where you can or cannot do exercise because that varies with every individual. You have to judge for yourself which type of exercise you are able to do. I highly recommend both swimming and biking to thals for general exercise as they both are excellent cardio exercises. Thals need more than weight bearing exercises and adding cardio exercise to your routine will be a benefit.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Moik

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 07:15:53 AM »
Ive tryed heavy weight lifting in the past and never gained much muscle.. I am only 132 pounds but ive been told im very strong for my size..

Doctor told me to avoid anything they try to sell me at ..say gnc..because it will only lead to high blood pressure and such
I have been reading that high protein is not to good of an idea either...so is there any ideal way to gain muscle mass?

Only way I can think of is alot of calories..(where to get those calories?) complex carbs in excess can be bad too right? I guess my question is wondering if there is an equillibrium in diet for a thal minor that wants to bulk up

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 07:36:04 PM »
I've gained 9kgs of pure lean muscle mass in 7months of bodybuilding and yes its gr8 ...  To gain muscle mass just eat minimum 1.5g per Lbs protein(no problem at all) and make combination of carb/pro/fat in 40/20/20 ratio ..though every person reacts differenlty ....  You have to add up calories to increase wutever mass u want ... without that think ..and think again .... get ur Body Mass Index calculated  and eat 3-400 calories more than that increase calories slowly and week after week .... if diet is right , training and rest is in place ... u shud gane one pound per week ...and thts wut i really did  despite being thal maj  ...

For more info on nutrition calories training .... www.nutritiondata.com and www.uk-muscle.co.uk
Waleed

Offline Tedi

• my girl
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 08:43:25 PM »
Hi, Iam in the fitness  almost every day.
I do it for fun and relaxing not to build musculs :biggrin
I feel very well and relaxed.

Offline Bobby

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »
Hey all. I have been on a weight gaining mission for the last 10 years. I am very active. 6'2" and right now 180lbs. I had been stuck at 165 to 170lb for years. I do weight train, but no matter what I tried I looked the same. I have recently added the last ten pounds after trying Rock Climbing. It has provided the most well rounded workout I have gotten. I love it! My goal is 190lbs by the spring. I still weight train about 2 times a week and rock climbing 2 times a week. My diet was around 3000+ cal a day, but I have increased it to almost 4000. People that I don't see that often notice the extra mass which keeps me motivated. I will post pictures in the gallery.

Be well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk