Eating according to your blood type?

• 14 Replies

Offline Nur

Eating according to your blood type?
« on: July 13, 2006, 05:56:03 AM »
Hi all,

I came across this article and I thought i want to share it with you. I don't know how much of it is true but is it really possible that we should eat according to our bllod types?

Introduced by Peter D’Adamo, the Blood Type Diet is based on the assumption that everyone is an individual. And who are we to argue? Logically, just because we share the same row and column in the BMI chart, it shouldn’t define the way our dietary habits are. The Blood Type Diet makes interesting claims that people fare better (which includes weight management) when their diet is tailored to their specific blood type.

Type A
Individuals who fall under the Type A blood group should basically stick to fruits and vegetable. Their blood types is generally thicker than other blood types, and possess a sensitive immune system. These individuals should not consume (or should reduce intake) dairy products, animal fats and meats. They are also at a heightened risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.

Type B
Type B blood groupers should consume a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables, grains, dairy and meat. However, they should try to refrain from chicken, and increase intake of red meat such as duck and beef. Unlike the other blood types, Type B individuals have the best chance of bypassing or overcoming everyday types of diseases, as well as heart disease and cancer.

Type AB
For Type AB individuals, intake of a mostly vegetarian diet is recommended. And only on rare occasions should they indulge in some fish, meat (not chicken) and dairy.

Type O
Those that fall under the Type O blood type should basically stick to a high protein diet, low carbs, as well as a balanced intake of fruits and vegetables. However, food foes for Type Os include most grain food such as corn and wheat germ. They should also try to avoid dairy products. Type O types are commonly affected with hypothyroidism, high stomach acid (leading to ulcers), and thinner blood with greater resistance to blood clotting

So..what do you think?   :idunno

Nur

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Eating according to your blood type?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:52:25 PM »
Ineresting!

Type B is common in my family, but many of them developed heart disease  :dunno
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline jzd24

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 04:37:53 PM »
Sajid,
     I read that book a while ago and I found it interesting. I am Type A and I seem to do best when I eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Who knows though? I noticed a pattern where I thought I was feeling more energetic when I got Type O blood in my transfusions, so I told this to the blood bank person. Now she often gives me Type O blood - does this mean that I should eat like a Type O person?
     I've often wondered what the effect is of using other people's blood. Do we take on some of the characteristics of the donors? I guess I've seen too many made-for-T.V. movies. 
     HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE!    Jean

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 11:23:44 PM »

Do we take on some of the characteristics of the donors? I guess I've seen too many made-for-T.V. movies. 

Interesting thought.......

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 05:21:51 AM »
     I've often wondered what the effect is of using other people's blood. Do we take on some of the characteristics of the donors? I guess I've seen too many made-for-T.V. movies.

Well, I've read about one case. It seemed a guy started to like music after getting a transfusion following a serious road accident. After investigating; he found the donor to be some rock star!

I get TransX from all kind of people! but I never felt anything different. Maybe after so many TransX everything gets jumbled up and cancel out each other?!!?  :huh
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 07:23:59 AM »
 Imagine if I received blood from Angelina Jollie................... :rolleyes

Offline Poirot

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 07:58:41 AM »
Imagine if I received blood from Angelina Jollie................... :rolleyes

Wooo hooo, Miaki .... we would all be at your doors .... at least, all the red blooded male types here!  :rotfl
But, don't know if you can transmit collagen through blood, if you know what i mean?  :wink

Offline Poirot

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 08:00:44 AM »
Type A
Individuals who fall under the Type A blood group should basically stick to fruits and vegetable. Their blood types is generally thicker than other blood types, and possess a sensitive immune system. These individuals should not consume (or should reduce intake) dairy products, animal fats and meats. They are also at a heightened risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.

So..what do you think?   :idunno

Nur

I don't know about this? I am not very fond of fruits, except a few types ..... and I think I would die if I didn't get fish and eggs on a daily basis!!!!

Cheers

Poirot

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 03:52:09 PM »
I have that book, its rather interesting I have to say but I want you guys to take a look at this link from you-tube it explains in a brief way for those of you who haven't got the book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJnIMFWqKBo
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »
Hi Maryoom,

It's quite interesting,though unheard of,I am an O,Don't know if human body really works in that way.Nice sharing :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline maryo0m

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 06:12:10 PM »
Hi Zaini , It is interesting I like readying and searching about such things , but that doesnt mean that I agree with these prespectives I've posted the link Just so You guys can have a brief look at the whole meaning of blood type diet,,,

personaly I believe in (Balanced diet) a little from everything wont hurt and because we are Thals we should take care of the Iron in the food and not blood group diets.

Btw O type people are known as kind and generous (at least thats what my mum says shes an O too haha)

:wink

mariam

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 03:26:13 AM »
He he, very interesting  :biggrin

If only blood characteristics could be easily divided into four types:)  The truth is that our typing is decided by a combination of both of our parents.  A, B,AB, or O are only phenotypes. 

For example, phenotype A  can be genotype AA or AO
phenotype B can be genotype BB or BO. 

Each parent passes on one of these to their child and the child then has one of four possible combinations of their parents blood type.   When you factor in the RH then you have even more combinations and so on.   

This is why genotype testing is important to ensure compatibility, because genotyping gives more information than phenotype in performing a crossmatch. 

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline maryo0m

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 09:43:11 AM »
Yap that is true sharim thats a second reason , why blood type diet isn't acurrate

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »
he he he MaryoOm,

I am such a gieck :lol  :rotfl :rotfl

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline maryo0m

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »
LO0O0O0OL Sharmin no way  :rotfl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk