Flu Vaccine

• 24 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Flu Vaccine
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »
Thanks Manal,

Lil A woke up feeling normal today.  I am keeping him home for today, but I think he can go back to school tomorrow.  He has a good apetite and he is in a good mood.  Thank god! 

I feel much better today, and as you said it was a relief that I had the fever too - it helped me realize that it does happen.  Good thing it resolved quickly:)  His lips are still red, therefore chances are his hg is okay - hoping that is the case. 

Thanks for all of the support,

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 06:17:06 AM »
Its a relief to hear that Lil A is feeling well now,it must be the after effects of the vaccine,so hopefully its gone and won't come back,take care of yourself my friend :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »
Sharmin ,
hope that everything is fine now, n wish that remain fine ... best of luck :goodluck ... sending lots of best wishes n regards .. take care :)

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »
I really think it is the additives in the flu vaccine, that are added to create more of an immune response, that are the culprit behind the symptoms one gets after taking a flu shot. Questionable substances like squaline, made from sharks, are implicated.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
He was home yesterday so that I could watch him - but he did well all day.  I sent him to school today.  I hope he does well. 

The vaccine did hit us hard for a day or so, it must be the additives that caused it.  I'm glad that we have gotten past the first few days and are feeling better now. 
Sharmin

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 02:34:38 AM »
Hi Sharmin,
Its great that  Little A is feeling better. Even my daughter had very high fever for 3 days from the seasonal flu shot.
Next week she is scheduled for the HINI shot,hope it goes fine.
best wishes.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 03:06:46 AM »
Thanks hopefulmommy,

I am so glad that we had a chance to meet.  Your daughter is very cute:)  That must have been tough, having a fever for 3 days.  Please give her a big hug for me  :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »
Sharmin,

Just saw this post. Hope Little A is now completely recovered and so are you.We are still not sure what is the right thing to do for Little E regarding the H1N1 flu shot.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »
Hi Bostonian,

Little A and I are completely recovered now.  Infact, the fever resolved on the same day (we received shots on Monday - fever happened on Tuesday and resolved by evening).  This reaction seems to be common for the H1N1 vaccine, and it seems to resolve as quickly as it begins. 

We are getting ready to go to Maui this Friday for a family vacation.  Lets hope everyone stays healthy for the vaccation. 

I posted a response to your question in the following post:

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=2941.msg31947#new

Please say hello to your lovely wife for me, I hope we can all meet again someday.  Maybe with the kids next time:)

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
Sharmin,

Have a great time in Maui...We hope to meet with you and the kids too some day :)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk