has any1 heard from dlevy??

• 4 Replies
has any1 heard from dlevy??
« on: February 10, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
HI,
Has anyone heard or seen dlevy online in the forum? i have only spoken to him once but i know he wasnt feeling well,just wondering & concerned how he is? :hugfriend
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:01:06 PM by sydneygirl »

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: has any1 heard drom dlevy??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 04:39:42 PM »
I emailed dlevy a week ago and heard back from him yesterday. He's doing ok and has been working on getting his ferritin down. He said he will continue to check into the site. His case is unique, as he is not thal but has all the same symptoms and problems. His case has befuddled doctors and at times been mismanaged, resulting in very high iron. He has hopes that eventually things can be fixed with a transplant. I know we wish him the best.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Re: has any1 heard from dlevy??
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »
thanks andy for your reply,
wow thats such a relief he is ok,and its nice to know "our big thal family" from it everyone is ok.
Hope ur back with us soon-dlevy!!!!! :hugfriend

Offline dlevy

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 05:19:07 AM »
Wow. I didn't realize that this had even been posted! It's been a while since I've been on the site ... I apologize for the late reply (2 years late!). Sydneygirl, that is so nice of you to think of me enough to wonder how I have been doing! It meant so much to me when I read your post. I have been ok, thanks ... I hope you are doing well too! The reason I came back on this site was because I was doing some research again to see if there have been any recent breakthroughs for thalassemia in the literature. Unfortunately, I did not find any new information (other than the T2*, which most people here already know about). I did happen to find a study on the gene that causes thalassemia though (by googling breakthrough in thalassemia) ... which happens to be conducted and authored by my pediatric hematologist who followed me throughout my childhood! It was great to see that she is still doing research in this area, and at the top of the field at that!

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you, and apologize for not updating you about my status sooner. Hope everyone here is doing well :)

dlevy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »
hi dlevy,
its nice to see u posting again .. welcome back ..  have a nice day :) .. .

Best REgards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk