Hb level raising and Im worried ;/

• 7 Replies

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
Hb level raising and Im worried ;/
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:54 AM »
Hello everyone,
I know It's been ages since Ive got intouch with you guys miss you all so much although I do keep intouch of those who are on my Fb,

Anyways so I've been taking Dietary supplements named Forever bee pollen, I've noticed a dramatic effect this month as I usaully go for BT's every 28 days and actually this month when I went for checkup at day 28 my Hb level was 12.4  so I gave my self few days Now its been 40 days to be exact and my Hb level is 11.6 !!!! the hospital refuse to give me blood at 11 my hb should be 10 to recieve blood, any ways Im worried actually more curious as in whats going on and why the dramatic increase?!?!

hmmm oh well please share if you have anything to say

Have a great day love you all XxXx
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Hb level raising and Im worried ;/
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »
How long have you been using this supplement?
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
Hello Maryoom

You shouldn't be annoyed but rather happy :biggrin :biggrin

May be the last time you had your transfusion, the blood was so fresh, that is why its life span was longer than the usual. One friend of mine had a gap of 6 and half weeks instead of her usual 4 weeks because of the same reason.

Concerning the bee pollen, do you feel any difference after taking it??

manal

Offline nana

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »
hey..i just wanna ask..what is the normal hb level must be for a major thalassemic person.....before directly having blood transfusion...and when it became risky?!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »
Thals should transfuse before the HB drops below 9.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline jia

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 05:20:59 AM »
How about children? Jia's Hb was 7.8 2 months ago pre transfusion, 8.5 last week pre transfusion. Mostly he is around 8.8 to 9.2. If given too much blood, he feels dizzy afterwards. Difficult to know the optimum level.

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 08:16:49 AM »
well well ,,,, Hi mariom or mariam hehehe i have this kind of experiance befor with my child Abdulwahab and when i discuse the case with PROFISIONAL Dr . (( off cours out side of kuwait))  :rotfl  i found out some time with sevral trans. of blood the spleen is like sponich absorbing blood ( if you are not spleenctomy) after few trans.it will be full and there is no way to absorbe blood ..so even the PROFESIONAL Dr squese it or some time the spleen free the absorb blood by it's self for this reason you found out your HB sometimes is high .. and am 100% sure a bout it and you know my son very well he didn't take any kind of vitamin before just blood and desferal ,, now he is taking nothing (( alhamdulilah))

khalifa
                        state of kuwait

RED_PILOT

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:15:07 AM »
Hello everyone, Im gonna try to answer everyone lol sorry If I skipped anyone and I do apologize for my late reply I just had my BT yesterday and first day of uni for this course so yeah here goes nothing LOL,

Manar: Hi there :D Im glad to hear from you and thnx for your sweet explanation and example there so YAAAY i am happy and that maybe true because I recieve Iradiated blood, The bee pollen effect on me I would say it makes me feel a lil more energatic slightly refreshed plus I love the taste of the pills they taste like pure honey YUM.

Nana: Hello :> I dont know about others but in Kuwait Dr's wouldnt let you take blood if your level is above 10, For me I prefer to not let it drop below 10 as I've already said RBC's do carry oxygen through our body and our bones need oxygen, thals red blood cells arnt healthy enough to carry good amount of oxygen so when our HB is low the bone structure changes (eg. wider cheek bones etc...) all of this is because the bone surfac wants  oxygen there for it becomes wider, I like to keep my looks as healthy as my health so yeah I do keep my self on a tight scedual on when to have my BT.

TariQ: Hello there, I've been taking them for two months now.

Mr Khalifa: haha no comment, thanks so much for this usefull information and actually I do have my spleen so its not removed this may be a good reason , yes al7amdila inshallah your son dont need these stuff anymore.
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk