i smoke 70 cigarettes a day do any thalssemics smoke cigarettes

• 8 Replies
i  smoke  70 cigarettes   a  day  and  dont  seem  to  be  able  to kick  the  habit  do  any  other  thalassemics  have  the  same  problems  with  tobacco  if  so  can  you  tell  me  if  you  smoke  or  had  smoked  and  how  did  you  kick  the  habit  i  get  dizzy  if  i  dont  smoke  smokes  keep  me  awake  otherwise  id  fall  asleep  smoking  gives  me  energy  need  feedback

Re: i smoke 70 cigarettes a day do any thalssemics smoke cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »
This is probably the worst thing you can do to your body, and it's 10x worse being a thalassemic. You are just adding additional problems for your organs. You just have to be mentally strong and kick the habit, it's literally a life and death situation.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »
All I can suggest is STOP. Are you Thal major or minor? Doesn't matter if minor or major, these amount of cigarettes is dangerous even to normal people whereas we are thals. You're inviting death 10x faster buddy, stop it is what all I can say. There's NO SINGLE benefit of smoking but only disadvantages.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:20:10 PM »
Hi eldavido,
Just go through this post, it's link is given below
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php/topic,3949.msg39568.html#msg39568
Though the whole post is written from the bottom of the heart.
Specifically Q.9 is for you.
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 02:41:23 AM »
I do smoke, but not that many. I have Thal minor. Ys this is bad on all levels.  But you should try to cut that number down. I smoke 5 a day and I am trying to quit. I must say I am getting there. Good luck.

Offline Laura

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
Hello!

I've never tried smoking or drinking alcohol! I think I have enough problems with Thal and I don't need any other.

Have you thought about why are you smoking that much? I mean, 70 cigarettes are too many. What do you do? Smoke one every 10 minutes?

Think about it! You can't fight against Thal because it's not optional but smoking is something that you have chosen. It may be hard to do it but I am sure that you can reach your goal.

My sister is Thal Minor and has smoked for barely 25 years. Now she's quitting smoking because she's starting to feel more tired and having problems to breath.

Just do your best to quit it. Ask your doctor and I'm sure you will be able to do it.

Kisses,

Laura.
The most important thing in life is not what you achieve but the fact of fighting for it.

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 12:30:43 AM »
I smoke sheesha sometimes, just make me feel relaxed and 'normal' . I dont care much about it. sometimes I smoke also, may be just to give a hand to a smoking friend, but have never gone into addiction. Would advise everybody who CARES about his/her health  to  stay away from these STUPID things   :biggrin
Waleed

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »
I smoked from 13 to 34 yrs of age.  I remember when I started, I hated how winded and bad it made me feel, but I was hooked.  Now that I have stopped for 17 years, so much better.  I can't imagine wanting to smoke that many cigs.  Stop smoking, you will feel 100% better.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »
I stay away from tobacco as it makes me sick with no medicinal benefits. I personally medicate with cannabis through a ceramic/glass vaporizer. I would recommend you look into E-Cig to try and reduce the harmful effects of combustion, and cigarettes. eventually I would taper off on the dosage of the nicotine from E-cig. Going cold turkey is very hard in reality and much easier to just talk the talk. I would think hard and deep about what you value. Do you want quality of life or do you want nicotine. If you still need a slight bit of nicotine I would get the gum, patch or E-cig. You can't always have good, fast, cheap and have your cake along with eat it too. You have to give up a couple things to gain a couple things.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk