Today I created a new drink !

1 cup water
1 tea bag green tea
1 teaspoon nigella seeds (kalwonji) powder freshly grounded
2 teaspoon natural honey
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
mint to taste
some ginger

I didn't like the 'aroma' but taste was good. I'll try few variations tomorrow with lemon. This tea would be very beneficial if taken regularly.
Waleed

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: how many thals are drinking tea regularly
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »
The Nigella seed should be cooked briefly in a dry pan until you hear them popping and then ground. According to the Koran, Nigella cures all things except death. I don't know about that, but we have excellent reports about its use in hepatitis.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Waleed

• I'm not normal but Supernormal
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:19 AM »
According to the Koran

Its actually not in Koran but in books of sayings/acts of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Koran is interpreted in the context of these supplementary books called Ahadeeth.
Waleed

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 05:58:07 AM »
I'm a tea lover and drink it twice a day, but I'm concerned about the effects of caffeine and bone loss. Also I've become somewhat "hyper-sensitive" to caffeine, where normally people will become more tolerant and need larger doses for the same effect.
Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 07:41:49 AM »
Actually Coffee contain caffeine and Tea contain tannin. And the effect of caffeine on bone loss is not known by me. Please post if you are having more info.
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »
Actually Coffee contain caffeine and Tea contain tannin. And the effect of caffeine on bone loss is not known by me. Please post if you are having more info.

You are correct, however tea also contains a lot of caffeine. Because caffeine is a diuretic, it causes calcium to be removed from the body in urine. I'm not sure if it directly removes calcium from the bones, but it most likely prevents it from being best absorbed into the body.

There are many sources you can read on regarding the effects of caffeine and bone loss, here is one that I found on google http://www.osteopenia3.com/bones-caffeine.html

I have been thinking that it may be wise to buy cheap calcium supplements (in addition to the one I normailly take with Vit. D and Magnesium) and just drink them with the tea so that if there is any binding to calcium it will be from the supplement with plenty left over to allow for absorption as well.

Offline Bobby

Re: Re: how many thals are drinking tea regularly
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 05:00:15 AM »
I drink black tea frequently but coffee in the morning. I recently switched the coffee for white tea that I sip thoughoug the day. I miss the caffeine jolt, but I'll live. I'll be switching back to green tea when the weather cools here. I have no explanation of why I like green tea better in the fall. ???

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Re: how many thals are drinking tea regularly
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 06:10:36 AM »
I drink black tea frequently but coffee in the morning. I recently switched the coffee for white tea that I sip thoughoug the day. I miss the caffeine jolt, but I'll live. I'll be switching back to green tea when the weather cools here. I have no explanation of why I like green tea better in the fall. ???
You have same ideology as mine Bobby for green tea, haha, but except for me, I like to drink green tea in hot summer or when the Sun is shining nicely through my balcony where I sit on the swing and drink it thinking my good past and other numerous thoughts. But it's cloudy now so I've no mood for green tea as well.
Every child is special.

Offline Dharmesh

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 08:43:20 AM »
Taking Tea only blended with milk and nothing else like black or green. When it is blended with milk it's automatically become calcium intake.

Thal should take 500ml Milk daily by whatever form whether it is Milk, Tea, Coffee with milk or it is Curd, Lassi or Chhass(Curd+Water)
Start listening your body, it always gives signs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk