Praise the Lord ! Pls read this......

• 2 Replies
Praise the Lord ! Pls read this......
« on: September 18, 2012, 05:02:25 AM »
Dear all,

Wanted to share below message with you all.

May Mother mary intercede for all of us. Thank u Jesus, Thank u Mother mary.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message from Immaculee:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings dear friends,
I’ve just returned from a speaking engagement at the stunningly beautiful campus of Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas, where I was introduced to a remarkably warm and loving group of about 1,500 people. There I heard many beautiful stories, but allow me to share this one with you, that inspired my heart and that I am certain will inspire yours as well.
The story was related to me by the president of the
College, Mr. Stephen Minnis, a humble man who cares deeply for his students and possesses a great love for both God and the Blessed Mother. His story was about Mother Theresa and such an exhilarating illustration of the power of prayer that it gave me goose bumps. Apparently, after forming Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta, Mother Theresa desperately needed $85, 000 to construct a building from which to care for the poor, suffering, and needy. She promised to pray 85,000 Memorares, a beautiful prayer dedicated to the Blessed Mother, in return for Mary’s assistance in raising the needed money. Mother Theresa then instructed all the sisters in her fledging order to immediately begin praying the Memorare. No sooner had the nuns finished the 85,000 Memorares than their prayers were answered by a complete stranger who approached Mother Theresa with an $85,000 check!
President Minnis then told me that he himself was so
moved by this story that several years ago when the school’s enrollment was in steady decline he determined to reverse the trend and, through prayer, actually increase enrollment for the next year from 1,160 to 1,200. To accomplish this he asked ten people to help him in praying 1,200 Memorares over the summer holidays. Sure enough, a miracle happened and by the end of the summer the college had well over 1,200 students, and today there are more than 1,700 students enrolled!
My heart leapt for joy upon hearing these twin stories reaffirming the power of prayer, and of how God’s Grace is never beyond our reach. He gives us tools to touch His heart and unlock His graces. A prayer said from the heart, holds the secret of our joy and happiness!
Memorare prayer:
“Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.”

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Praise the Lord ! Pls read this......
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
beautiful - i think we all need the power of prayer here...
Sharmin

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: Praise the Lord ! Pls read this......
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
So soothing, thanks Rima, that was wonderful. Yes, prayers sometimes can do wonders what medications can't and I experienced that with me in past, hence I know. :)

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk