This really helps b4 transfusion....

• 2 Replies
This really helps b4 transfusion....
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »
Dear all,

I want to share this with you all. It was shared to me by Pratik. A big thank you to you, Pratik.

Since last 2 transfusion - i have noticed that - washing hands with hot water (tolerable hot. Not very hot)
really helps in getting veins easily for transfusion.

My 3 year old daughter angel used to get pricked for 2-3 times and sometimes even 4 times before vein was located for transfusion. Since last 2 transfusion, during bath (approx 2-3 hrs before needle is pricked) - i soaked her hands in a tumbler filled with tolerable hot water for few minutes and that really helped. In the last 2 transfusions, nurse got her vein in the first prick itself.

Pls try and let uS know. (BUT PLS BE SURE - THE WATER SHOULD BE TOLERABLE BY THE CHILD - NOT VERY HOT)

REGARDS,
ANGEL'S MOM

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
Re: This really helps b4 transfusion....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »
That's great Rima. :)

Yes, as I said, it does help. My veins are easily found, nicely embossed on the fist itself. But in winter, as there is cold and due to it even blood flow might not be good, washing hands just before the transfusion helps blood with some relaxation and causes it to be flown nicely, the circulation definitely improves.

I'm happy that it is working for you.

Regards to little Angel,

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Bostonian_04

Re: This really helps b4 transfusion....
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »
Also make sure she is well hydrated before the poke. a glass of milk or a glass of water 1/2 hr to an hour before poking also helps to make it to easy to find vein.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk