Transfusion in US , Redmond WA

• 3 Replies

Offline pmeet

Transfusion in US , Redmond WA
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »
Hi folks,
I am relocating to Redmond in January (from India). Please tell me where can i get my daughter transfused.
Also please let me know of process details since it will be new country for me.

I will be having medical Insurance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Transfusion in US , Redmond WA
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:25:13 PM »
Dear Pmeet,

Best wishes for your move to the US.  The best thalassemia center in the US is Oakland.  Perhaps they can help you come up with a comprehensive plan for your child while also telling you the best place to have your child transfused in Redmond. 

Dr. Elliot Vichinsky, Dr. Ash Lal and Titi Singer,
Comprehensive Thalassemia Care Center

I hope that this helps you,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
I suggest you also register with Eileen at CAF. She can also be of help in finding proper care in the US.

Cooley's Anemia Foundation
330 Seventh Avenue, #900
New York, NY 10001
(800)522-7222
Fax: 212-279-5999

Patient Services Manager
Eileen Scott
eileen.s@cooleysanemia.org
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Hi Pmeet,

As Andy suggested, send an email to Eileen to get the name of doctor in Redmond that treat Thal patients and then contact the doctor to start the process. Generally you should meet the doctor before actual trasfusion date to know him or her and also see the facility and their norms - example which day is type and cross, what kind of blood product, any med before Tx etc...and offcourse anything that you are expecting or your child needs during transfusion...

Eileen may also be able to help you connect to patients from the Redmond area. sometimes when you are totally new in the area, it may be good to know someone who understands your situaton. Once you are settled in here, you can contact Oakland to schedule yearly visit. but that can probably wait for now. first thing is probably getting the name of doctor and facility in Redmond WA from Eileen....Best of luck!!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk