Help from INDIAN friends - figuring out supplements and brands

• 18 Replies

Offline Dharmesh

Re: Help from INDIAN friends - figuring out supplements and brands
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »
Dear dharmeshji,

thankyou for the reply .!
i was also thinking about cal mag d . so which one would you suggest calmax forte or cal mag d ?

also dharmeshji i am also hanumant ashrit only :)! that is why fancied your screen name ! may lor hanuman be with you :)

regards,

Cal Mag D would be better but it need to be taken with Iron Folic.

Start listening your body, it always gives signs

Offline elca sharma

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 08:25:13 AM »
Hi Elca,

The L in L-carnitine is levo. Yes it is the same. Please do not be scared by the warnings. They are there because bodybuilders often take 30 or more grams daily of L-carnitine. It is foolish and can lead to many problems. I suggest taking the recommended dosage on the bottle, and no more than 2000 mg daily.

Hey andy

Sorry for the late reply I had to go out of town ! Thankyou so much again ! You truly are godsent !
Thanks to your words of inspiration I have now started supplementing !

Thankyou so much again for being so kind to reply to each doubt of mine

Thanks !
God bless you

Offline elca sharma

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 08:29:53 AM »
Hi Elca,

Yes, I do take L-Carnitine regularly. I take about 500mg or sometimes 1000mg too, depends. 1000mg I take on the Gym days, 30 minutes before hitting the Gym.

I also take L-Argnine at night, 1g (1000mg) too. Don't worry, it is a very nice supplement that helps with heart and overall health. But yeah, as Andy said, I'd recommend you to take only 250mg or maybe 500mg if you could adjust, otherwise 250mg is just fine, too.

I actually ordered it from HealthKart (Indian site), the Dymatize brand (order Acetyl L-Carnitine as it's absorbed more than normal one), but it has ran out of stock since long. Hence I've ordered this time from Puritan directly, they've great prices too.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. :)

-P.

Dear Pratik Ji ,

First if all I am profusely sorry for the late reply . I had to go out of town,
Thankyou so much for your inspiring words .. Thanks to your advice now I have started with l carnitine otherwise I was really confused as to where to get it in india !

Can you suggest a source for l arginine also ?
Also any particular reason for l arginine at night ?

Thanks so much again !

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »

Dear Pratik Ji ,

First if all I am profusely sorry for the late reply . I had to go out of town,
Thankyou so much for your inspiring words .. Thanks to your advice now I have started with l carnitine otherwise I was really confused as to where to get it in india !

Can you suggest a source for l arginine also ?
Also any particular reason for l arginine at night ?

Thanks so much again !

L Arginine should be available on HealthKart.com too. I'll research for some good company and try to pass a link tomorrow. HK has Cash On Delivery also I think, so that is convenient for you maybe if you don't prefer to use your CC.

Arginine, no reason to take at night, just that it is said that it releases growth hormone, so night time dosage is best to take.

-P.
Every child is special.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk