thal minor with higher bilirubin levels

• 2 Replies
thal minor with higher bilirubin levels
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »
i got my bilirubin level at 5.45 recently, with the conjugated bilirubin at 1.9 an unconjugated bilirubin at 3.5 and the blood level is 10.8. my eyes look yellow, is there any problem with the high bilirubin levels and it may cause any effect on other internal organs with this level.

i am 26years now an not using any tablets for years, i want to know my condition that i am suffering what kind of thalassemia, either minor or intermedia or major.

till now i never had transfusions of blood.

is there any kind of scenario that from now i may develop into a stage of major and need transfusions rest of my life.
please help me out,if i get married now what is gonna be my situation

Re: thal minor with higher bilirubin levels
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 07:50:49 AM »
 I have  same problem  any one please help  my age 45male,india

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: thal minor with higher bilirubin levels
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »
The high bilirubin in thalassemics is caused by the overproduction of defective red blood cells, which are filtered out of the blood, usually by the spleen. This process causes bilirubin to be produced, which can eventually lead to gallstones or more likely, sludge in the gallbladder that is not always noticed in scans. Quite often, the patient eventually will need to have the gallbladder removed. This will not cause the thalassemia to become a worse type of thal.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk