Men!!!! Thal and Testosterone..... A bit of info, please comment as well

• 5 Replies

Offline CUSO

As many of you know, I have had my spleen out, and as a Thal Minor, it is uncommon to have big  Thal related problems. I believe my spleen enlargement and my jitters/fatigue and liver pain was caused by testosterone. In Feb of 2012 I went to the Dr, I was run down, libido was very low, etc.... My testosterone was 180, quite low for a 38 year old guy. I tried the T gel for 3 months but it was not working, so I then went to T pellets, which are inserted into the but cheek once every 6 mos. Initially, he inserted 600mg, and I felt awesome for 3 mos. But since it ran out quickly, he decided to up it to 1000 mg. 3 weeks later is when I started to have liver pains, horrible fatigue, jitters, etc... Well, 2 months later My spleen enlarged almost overnight to massive size. Spleen came out along with gallbladder. After 3 mos I was feeling better so I got T pellets again, Felt ok for 3 mos, then got jittery and and fatigued. Now my wife and I thought my fatigue was from my T running low, so I got another dose... That is when things went south again. Severe nausea, fatigue, jitters. Liver biopsy showed my liver is way overproducing blood. OK my hematologist does not think the T has anything to do with it. Now my bodybuilding buddies who take lots of T say that they have to give blood every 6 months to reduce there hemocrit levels... That they begin to accumulate too much blood. Is it possible that the T caused me to overproduce blood, causing my spleen to be overwhelmed with too much blood, causing me to loose it? and is it possible that by doing phlebotomy once every 6 weeks will help me avoid some of these symptoms? I neeed the T or it will drop to below 100. My hematologist is looking for a Thal reason, but is being stumped, but everything that I feel sounds like what my bodybuilding buddies are telling me and I just need to dump 1 pint every 6 weeks and I will be fine.... Could we thal men be more sensitive to T than others?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Men!!!! Thal and Testosterone..... A bit of info, please comment as well
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Been trying to find something on this for the past week. Turns out testosterone can cause polycythemia, a blood disorder in which your bone marrow makes too many red blood cells. Hence the blood letting by others. I think you should consult your doctor before continuing the testosterone supplements.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline CUSO

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 02:16:28 AM »
I am going to hematologist in 2 days. The T is deminishing in my system. Liver is not hurting and energy is up, hiwever, libido is plumiting. Tough situation.  Hematologist is only interested in my thal, I think he could csre less about my libido.  He will just say not to take t anymore,

Offline CUSO

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
Hematologist today.... He does not think is is polycythemia, or extramedullary hematopoiesis, my platelets were 750, and Hb 12.2. He said he is sure it is 75% my body still healing without a spleen, and 25% too much testosterone in my system. My liver has stopped hurting and my nausea is almost completely gone. What do I do when T runs out?????????????? I toold him I would not take it for the next 3 months so we can get a base line without T.... I will be like a menopausal woman...... oh joy

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »
I think you're going to have to be patient for a few months. Once the doctor feels you have healed, ask him again about taking T.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 09:24:34 PM »
Ok, I've been in the exact same boat. About age of 30, started having low testosterone. I'm also thal minor. I've tried shots, gels.. and those work for sometime, but I'm always worried about the side effects. I've lived with this problem for 5 yrs now, until recently. I've always attributed this problem to thal minor, but I was wrong.

About 5 months back, while treating a family member for unrelated immune issues, I came across why chronic diseases and immune issues are increasing in the world : we all eat bad/gmo/processed food, our minerals are going low in the soil, nutrients are not available, we take antibiotics, flu-shots. We do everything in the world to cause our health to bust. When our immune system stops working, we get hit by parasites (worms), candida and all such pathogens. These take over our body and a chronic problem starts. All the chemicals and heavy metals in our environment is another cause of such problems.

So, while working on my family member, I started working on myself too. I did several rounds of anti-parasite treatments, MMS. After about 4 months, I'm beginning to feel better. My libido is getting better. I'm not quite where I was 5 yrs back, but I'm much better. This is a difficult treatment, but it surely is worth it.

Hope this helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk