question for Andy..Patient on Hydrea. Query

• 0 Replies

Offline cooolshray

question for Andy..Patient on Hydrea. Query
« on: March 06, 2014, 06:23:50 PM »
My name is  Shray, age 20 , live in India.
I am a thalassemia major.
I was diagnosed of Thalassemia major at the age of 3.
As i was very weak and underweight when I was born, the doctor advised my parents to get me tested of thalassemia
and then I was diagnosed of thallassemia and had my first blood transfusion at the age of 3.
I was on transfusion till the age of 16 and took kelfer capsules for iron chelation therapy. My heamoglobin levels were ranging from 7-9
As the doctors in India don't have much knowledge about this disease, I couldn't find any good and intelligent doctor
and visited NTWS (National Thalassemia Welfare Society) , a camp for thalassemics.
I changed my doctor at the age of 16 and went to other society of Thalassemics at Sir Gangaram Hospital in India.
The doctors here wrote several tests and i was tested of them.
The main test was POLYMORPHISM and my XMN results were XMN +/+ and the doctor prescribed me of hydroxyurea and defrijet for iron chelation. Since then, I am on hydrea and my Hb levels are maintained ranging 9-12.
I regularly take hydrea but tend to miss defrijet.
A few months ago, I suffered from Stomach Abdominal pains and was diagnosed of Jaundice.
I was cured in almost one and a half month.
Again, suddenly I felt pain few months later and doctor did endoscopy on me and the results were normal.
He gave me a syrup and I was fine again but i feel I have a bad digestion maybe because of the iron overload, it affects liver.
I am almost normal in every sense, no born deformities but yellowish in colour, that too because of iron levels which is also quite normal but I don't gain weight and look smaller than my age.
I have started gym to gain muscles and look muscular and look healthy, fit and good.
I was very conscious about the selection of gym supplement.
please suggest any special diet or supplement which I should take/avoid.
Would be thankful to you if you give your precious time to this post of mine and help me and suggest me over the issues I
mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:38:00 PM by cooolshray »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk