Doing great

• 27 Replies

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
Doing great
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »
Hello to all:

I have'nt posted on here in a while, and I thought I'd let you know Lauryn is doing fabulous. We go to the dr. on Dec. 18th, and I am not worried at all.
She is eating 6 ounces now (every 4 hours) and she's awake almost all day long! She laughs constantly,she coo's, shes trying to sit up!!!!  :biggrin
Her nails are purplish/red. Her skin is so rosy and I'm thinking she will last hopefully a few more months without a transx.
Every morning when I awake, I thank GOD for another day and her being perfect.
I think Kathy mentioned the movie"the Secret" a while back. Let me tell you that I STRONGLY suggest everyone on this site,WATCH IT!!!!!
It will change your life forever.
I honestly believe that positive thinking WILL give you positive results.
I am at a peaceful place in my life right now, and I dont know if its prayer, or just mind over matter. Whatever the case may be, I have hope for all of us and our children!

:hug

Christine

Lauryn's Mom

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Doing great
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 06:00:38 PM »
Dear Christine :hug

Very happy to know that you and Laurne are doing fine. May you always have peace in your mind and heart.

Manal

Kathy11

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:06:44 PM »
Hi Christine'
I'm glad you saw the movie, and you got the benefit or knowledge from it, in returned got peace of mind.I also benefitted from it and I always go back to it for referrences.Its like a good book or an older tutor (LOL)
Good to hear that Lauryn Is doing well.give her a hug from me. :bighug :bighug :bighug
Love Kathy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 02:54:03 AM »
Good to know that your little one is doing well :) 
You have every reason to be happy and hopeful. 
Your daughter may not need to be transfused for a long time,
and even if/when she requires transfusion she will be just fine.

More good news, the meds seemed to have worked (to control antibodies)
my son hasn't needed a transfusion in 5 weeks!  It looks like he will need one next
week, but during past 6 months b/c of the antibody he has been needing them
biweekly.  I hope that the effects of the meds last and he is able to go 4/5 weeks like
he always has.  And one day I hope that our kids will all be cured and then we can
all do this -  :rotfl   Love u all Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline jzd24

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 05:29:29 AM »
Christine,
     I am so glad Lauryn is doing so well - that's wonderful! She is adorable in her photo. It's great to have good news in this crazy world. We have to take it whenever we can and enjoy every minute of it. Love to you and Lauryn, Jean  :heartpink 

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:48:51 AM »
I am a new comer to this chat room n have read the message posted.

Is good to know the baby is doing well...

Let me tell you guys about my story..

I am pregnant about 30 weeks...n only then the doctor tell me my baby is thalasemia alpha major.

The baby will not survive!! i am so sad at that time..and the doctor advice me to do an operation to take out the baby..at 31 weeks.

So, I gone thru with the operation. and my baby pass away that day as well.

But some other thing happen...my womb keep on bleeding non stop... and the doctor can not stop it..the last resort..my uterus being removed as well..

I can not have baby and i am just 30 years old. I can not accept this fact...but time do pass and it is a good cure for me..

I am doing ok now..and feeling better....no worry!!

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:31:30 AM »
Hi wonglk_1 and welcome to our family,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is very sad that most babies with alpha thal major don't make it even until birth and those that do, die shortly after as their bodies can make no useful hemoglobin.

I'm sorry the doctors had to remove your uterus but it may have been the only way to save your life.

Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you will make many friends here.   :smile
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 09:13:15 AM »
Christine, I am so thrilled to hear that Lauryn is doing well!   How wonderful!   :yahoo  And, by the way, her Christmas picture is gorgeous!   :wub

wonglk_1, welcome to the forum.  It's really nice to have you here with us.  I'm truly sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved baby and also having your uterus removed.  I hope you will stay here with us.  Share your thoughts at any time.  We are always here.   :hug

Offline riya

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 09:34:17 AM »
Hey Christine!
                   Thats a great news !
 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Kathy11

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 11:31:06 AM »
Hi Wonk-1.
Welcome to our web family.
I am so sorry that you lost your baby, I can't begining to comprehand your pain but I know for certain that everything things that happen to us has a reason and its no coincedence.I have heard that time heal all pain.Give yourself time all is not lost,you will survive 
Maybe after you have gone through your grief and come to term with it .you will see more clearly and consider some other option.
you still can become a mother despite that you cann't give birth any more.
It is better to have the uturus out than to bleed to death.sound like the doctor did the best he/she could for you.
May the power greater than us bless and give you courage and strength to overcome your lost.
We are all here for you anytime you wish to chat.
again I'm truly sad for you. :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers
good luck.
kathy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 02:08:52 PM »
Hi Christine!

It's soooo nice to hear that our little "Cuppy Cake" is doing soooo well. Lot's of hugs for her :hug

Hi wonglk_1,

Welcome to the site. I am really sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope God All-mighty give you the strength and courage to go through all this trauma.

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Christine Mary

• Mother of Lauryn, who has Thal Major
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 03:07:30 PM »
Hi wong,

My heart goes out to you! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Like Kathy has said, you can still be a fantastic mother,without giving birth. There are so many babies in this world who can use a mom like you!  :biggrin 
I am happy to hear you are feeling better after the surgery,and may GOD bless you!!!  :hug

Lauryn's Mom

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 09:38:29 PM »
Wonglk_1

Sorry to hear about your loss and the pain you are going through. We are here for you.

Take care
Bharat

Kathy11

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 10:17:47 PM »
Hi wonk_1.

I would  like to thank- you and at the same time share with you a little bit of something that I didn't make the connection untill I read your postings yesterday. ??? ??? ??? ???.
It help me  to deeply undestand my family tree in relation to thalassemia.
Seventy-two yrs ago my grand-mother whom I've never met died of heamorrhage post giving birth to my mother whom was a premature baby,then several years later  my brother died when he was 3years old from fever .I think he was the fourth child with thal major, that was in the sixties.thalassemia  was unheard of in my part of the world where  I   spent my childhood and its still the same I believe.
yes ,one can say that my mind work overtime in finding the source of my  health problems .
Its like a puzzle and everytime I get a piece of  information it fits and upon completion my reward will be acceptance
Maybe then then I will accept what I cann't change .Its hard work.
Thank-you to all of you .
Lots Of love from
Kathy.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Kathy,

Have you ever been tested for alpha thalassemia? I'm curious whether any doctor has ever considered this. It is actually more common than beta thal and is predominant among those of east Asian or African descent.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk