iron level

• 4 Replies

Offline Alia

iron level
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:13:51 AM »
HI EVERYONE THANKS SO MUCH FOR REPLYING TO MY POSTS IT HELPED US ALOT.
IM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT HER FERRITEN.   IT GOESE UP AND DOWN. HOW LONG WOULD IT BE BEFORE SHE STAYS IN ONE LEVEL? HER FERRITEN IS NOW ABOUT 1200.DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT BRING HER BACK IN A WEEK TIME FOR BLOOD TEST.DOESE THIS MEANS IF HER FERRITEN IS STILL HIGH, THEY GOING TO CONSIDER STARTING HER WITH EXJADE? IS IT SAFE TO START HER WITH THAT?SHE IS ONLY 18 MONTHS OLD.IM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THIS WHOLE PROCESS PLEASE HELP.
ALIA

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: iron level
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:26:41 PM »
Hi Alia,

I hope your daughter is doing well,ferritin level usually goes up as the number of transfusions increase,and sometimes when kids have flu or fever,and it starts going down when you start chelation,i think doctor might be starting any chelation therapy as now her iron is above 1000.though i am not sure about exjade as she is very young, he might suggest you desferal.best of luck with your daughter.:)

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 09:57:08 AM »
Hi alia,
Ive always been told sometimes when the iron is coming out of the bodys organs the ferritin level in your blood can be a higher reading at first,then it can go down.And as to the exjade i was also told by my doctor that children under the age of 6 shouldnt be taking exjade so at 18months your daughter should definately not be taking it! hope this helps
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:56:17 AM by sydneygirl »

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 03:50:58 PM »
Hello Alia,

I concur with Sydneygirl. The ferritin tends to go up when Desferal is started and this goes on for almost one year. My daugther started desferal when she was 2 and a half and her ferritin went up until she was three and a half. This can vary in every child, sometimes it goes down. Most important thing at this point in time for you is to comply 120% with the chelation protocol (if initiated) and leave the rest of your mind.

Good Luck.
Regards.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:04:58 AM »
i experienced that desferal is safe iron chelation.i really dont know about EXJADE.if u have any information abt EXJADE then reply me.

anjali

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk