Hello to everyone

• 3 Replies
Hello to everyone
« on: May 21, 2007, 08:10:43 AM »
This is Vijeta from Kolkata(INDIA).The Father of my Fiance is affected by Thalassemia Major but caused by Mal treatment.So,Want some information that what are the chances to get effected by thalassemia to my fiance.Becaus for several times he has donated his blood to AIIMS,New Delhi and doctors have not found any symptoms regarding it.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Hello to everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 10:59:06 AM »
Hi Vijeta,

:welcome to the site.

Thal. Major is not caused by ANYTHING. Patients are BORN with it. So, there is no chance that you can GET this condition. It is not a contagious disease. It is a genetically inherited condition caused by inheriting affected genes from the parents.

If you are sure that his father is Thal. Major and has been on blood transfusions since childhood then your finance has to be Thal. Minor.

I would strongly recommend you to get yourself tested for Thal. trait. You must be normal i.e no Thal Trait/carrier for further considering him for your partner.

I wish you all the luck and I hope that you are normal so that you don't have any risk of having a Thal. Major child with your partner being Thal. Minor

Take care, Peace!
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »
But some doctors have told that it was due to mal treatment.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
Hi,

It is most probable that he suffered severe anemia either due to Iron deficiency(with or without Thal. Minor) or Thal. Intermedia.

It is a bit complicated to diagnose Intermedia. Furthermore you are talking about his father's early life when it was likely that there was no diagnosis for Thal. Intermedia. at all.

It would be better if you give the complete details of what "Maltreatment" he got that made the doctors think he is Thal. Major.

You just can't tell someone in his later stage of life that he was Thal. Major and was living without transfusions and now requires them.

You must get them (both father and son) tested properly. I.E a serum ferritin to rule out iron deficiency and then electrophoresis to get the idea of what's going on. An additional most accurate DNA test can also be carried out if it is available.

Take care, Peace!

اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk