Love,

auntie Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Devastating News
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2009, 08:25:07 PM »
Canadian Family,

I hope everything will go well with your daughter's test,with your hard work and determination,i am sure she will be ok,she is in our prayers,wish you best of luck.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2009, 01:13:17 AM »
Thanks Sharmin and Zaini,

We have a list of questions, however, I don't mind an input from all of you in case we have missed anything.

Our first question ofcourse "is it 100% reversible"?
The timeframe before we see the improvement?
What are the treatment options?
What are the side effects?
How many cases do you see for thalassemia patients?
What can we do to prevent it in future?

Regards.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2009, 08:41:56 AM »
Hi  CF ,
srry for coming late in the scene but its better to late than never soo i m here ... as you all know that i have been through the osteoprosis condition , and my opinion is YES , it is reversible 100% .
as, when i was on wheel chair bcoze of osteoprosis and now can play cricket and footbal (soccer) as well ... soo i think that it is reversible ...
About timeframe ,
after starting treatment ( Vit-D, High calcium low fat milk, etc etc .. ) for osteoprosis  i stayed on wheel chair for a year then oce we went to hill station where my cousin told me to come with them ( they was going up on hill they want to hiking ) they said where i feel tired they will bring me on shoulders but thanx god i dont felt tired and that was my firt long journey of 380 stair after going thorugh the osteoprosis , i mean to say light exercises when she feel a lil energy in her is needed ....
Side-effect
try to prevent getting fractures and dont put stress on bones , bones could be deform bcoze bones r soft and can easily change the shape as happened to me my thigh is a little deformed, just before the knee area ...

i hope i answered right ...  Manal, Sharmin, Zaini and Andy please correct me if i m wrong ...

i hope your daughter will b ok very soon , :getwell from his uncle ... wish you and yur family all the best for eveything..
Best Regards
Take care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2009, 10:47:53 AM »
Umair

I am happy that you have passed this stage and that you are back to your normal life.

Canadian family

I think you have covered the whole subject. If possible you can ask him about the criteria that makes it reversible , for example, age,degree,..... since we see some peopele who still have Osteo though they are on medications.

Second, are there any information about getting rid of Osteo through injecting one's own stem cells into the system???

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
Thanx Manal ,
i want to mention here , first my doc (orthopedic doc) gave me Fosamax tablets for osteoprosis but as i was suffering to the stomach ulcer in meantime so he stopped that and then he sugested me Forteo/forsteo named injection he said to me that it is miraclous in the field of medicine and i found that as well as you people know that i recoverd from fracture in 6 weeks despiting i had the osteoprosis as well,  which is the same time period  a normal person take to recover from fracture ,  thats wat my docs prescripted me for steo and bones treament , please ask your doc abt it if they are intereested to start with it ...

best regards
take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »
Umair, did you stop these medications or not yet??

manal

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
Thanks for your input Umair, that was good. Our discussion with the doctor clearly identifies that exercises that stresses the bone will actually strengthen them. However, since the bones have become brittle, any external trauma or compression due to the weight of the body can cause fracture which should be avoided.
Regards.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2009, 08:29:38 PM »
Hi Manal ,
it was 3 months course of injection Forteo/Forsteo , that come's in 30 in a pen packing , i stoped after using that one and half month bcoze i was feeling tired to one of its side effect that was high fever ( in those day my normal fever was 98.8 bcoze of high ferritin levels and when ever i took the dose usualy it rose to 102 - 103 ) soo high fever was the reason why i stopped in half way , in mean time Doctor Jovaria Mannan reffered me to a phsyiotherpist , he advised me some easy exercises , those exercise helped me alot , after starting those exercise , it was second day to those exercise when i first time picked up something from the ground (which was imposible for me before the exercises ) . soo i think light exercise are also important in it but with a phsyio and yor doctor's  advice ... bcoze m doctor highlighted/mentioned the weak bones and joints to my phsyio to tell the exercises for those highlighted/mentioned bone and joints .. yeah i have  stopped this injection a long time ago ..

Vitamin-D : i m still on it vit-d bp 500 i.u , 6 tablets a day chewable ..

i want to mention here my grandma is suffering to the osteoprosis and doctor adviced her to drink injection that has Vit-D 200,000 i.u once in 1-6 months it could be also injected with injection , and chewcal tablets .... that injection has alot of Vit-D  ...

my doc is still giving stress to be regular with exercises and walk , she said walk is very good thing for me .. so i m planing to  make a schedule since last 2 year :grin ....

Manal , Calcium and mineral are necesory for all thals , thats wat i learned from your discussion and thats wat my doc is doing ... i m  contineuosly on Calcium n minerals ... i do take sunbath ( sitting in sun's light for 30 - 45 minutes daily bcoze this is wat Andy and my doctor told me to do and they told me that its great for me ...) ...

now a days i m taking these medicines ..

Zeffix         ( Lamuvidine )        100mg
Evion         ( Vitamin E   )         200mg
Ferriprox     ( Defferiprone)        500mg
Aldectone   (spironolacone)       25mg
D-Calc         ( Calcium & Vit- D )  125mg & 500mg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tried my best to answer completely , but if i missed something please tell me i will try my best to answer abt that as welll ....

@ CF
 :urwelcome i hope n wish that your daughter will recover soon ,and osteoprsis and all of its effects will vanish soon and your daughter will be super healthy, walking runing and playing realy soon , best wisshes and best regards and a pray  " may God bless your daughter with everything she needed and showerz his blessings on her (AMEEN) "  Take care of your self as well

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »
Thanks Umair, and good luckin everything :hugfriend

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2009, 12:56:51 PM »
 :urwelcome Manal ,
i pray the same for Ahmed, you & your family :)

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2009, 07:48:41 PM »
Umair, what is Zeffix ( Lamuvidine ) 100mg

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2009, 03:47:36 AM »
Dore,

Zeffix i believe is used for the treatment of Hep B,am i right Umair?

Check this ,

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100003532.html

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 08:06:41 AM »
Zaini ,
Zeffix i believe is used for the treatment of Hep B,am i right Umair?
You're absolutely right , my my doctor prescripted Zeffix to me for Hep-B , she was talkig at that moment " billirubin is a little high and it could be revverse with this medicine ," she said " Hep-B could be reverse with course of this medicine " it was 3 months's course and i glad to say that course is near to end ( only a few more doses remain's ) . i will let you know with my LFT and SF Test's Results very soon ( next wednesday ) ..  i hope reports will come super fine ...

Dore,
A lil more about zefffix :
Zeffix is Tm  name of the medicine chemical agent name Lamuvidine and company name is Glaxo Smith Kline ( AKA GSK ) ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »
Zaini ,You're absolutely right , my my doctor prescripted Zeffix to me for Hep-B , she was talkig at that moment " billirubin is a little high and it could be revverse with this medicine ," she said " Hep-B could be reverse with course of this medicine " it was 3 months's course and i glad to say that course is near to end ( only a few more doses remain's ) . i will let you know with my LFT and SF Test's Results very soon ( next wednesday ) ..  i hope reports will come super fine ...

Dore,
A lil more about zefffix :
Zeffix is Tm  name of the medicine chemical agent name Lamuvidine and company name is Glaxo Smith Kline ( AKA GSK ) ...

Do you got hep B?

Billirubin causes the yellowish of the skin and the white of the eyes and nails. right?

A Dutch girl takes a medicine for Epilepsy to avoid looking so yellow. I will never take that. I do stand above* those sayings from people who believe that you look like a banana. * = how do you say that in English.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk