Osteoporosis and pH level of body

• 3 Replies
Osteoporosis and pH level of body
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:42:37 PM »
Hi Friends,

I recently was talking to one of my co-worker, whose son has supposedly weak bones. She mentioned that the high level of pH in the body would leach the calcium from the bones in order to neutralize the pH level of the body, and that is a main cause of osteoporosis in young children. She is using fresh lemon juice in warm water to neutralize the pH level of her son before giving him any milk. She mentioned that way the milk will be more effective.

Now, I am not sure how true this phenomenon is, but this get me thinking that the Osteoporosis in thal kids may be due to higher level of pH (not sure if this is desferal related or anything else). The right level of pH level is 7, any number below will be more acidic, i.e. a pH level of 2 will be more acidic than the pH level of 7. I also know women get their pH level tested regularly during pregnancy, if we can somehow check the pH level of our children and our bodies to see how acidic we are, that may give us some clue if the osteoporosis in thal kids can be atleast controlled.

Those days are gone, when the hg level of children were low enough, that their bones were stretched due to marrow overactivity.

Any thoughts will be great.
Regards.

Re: Osteoporosis and pH level of body
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:31:47 PM »
I posited the same question to a doctor who works with hemochromatosis patients / iron overload patients. HOW COME in those people with **diagnosed** metal toxicity they KNOW that THEY get acidosis BUT in those with KNOWN excess iron in the body such as hemochromatosis or secondary iron overload there is NO MENTION of acidosis in the literature .. ?
He gave no answer.
Any reputable reference book speaks to the acidosis found in heavy metal toxicity.

Offline Rehman

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:25:17 AM »
Hi Dear friends
I’m suffering with thalassemia major .and also with osteoporosis and I have high weight problem .
So I want lose my weight because my height is 147cm and weight is 60kg and I can’t do any exercise because I have pain in my body.
Anybody cane tell me what I do .
Thanks

THALASSEMIA  MAJOR.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:09:23 AM »
Hi Abd-ur-Rehman,
for osteoprosis , you have to take calcium and rich calcium food .. milk and dairy products ... according to documents i red on internet,  you can safely take 1000mg to 1200mg calcium ...

Daily recommended intakes:
Men 1000 mg
(14-18) 1300 mg
(over 55) 1200 mg

Women 1000 mg
(14-18) 1300 mg
(over 55) 1200 mg
ink : http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vitamins-guide/calcium.html    .... please read the complete article bfore starting with high doses ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk