the problem of glucose

• 7 Replies

Offline zs

the problem of glucose
« on: February 18, 2010, 06:07:16 AM »
hi all
what it your glucose range?
mine is 132 and never drop even when I waive sweets  :o :dunno
whats your recommendation ? I really need sth that reduse my glucose if it not dropt my Dr :bat say need treatment with ansulin  :banghead  :whyme

Offline Lena

Re: the problem of glucose
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:24:31 AM »
Hi zs,

132 count is when you are fasting or after lunch? Before reaching insulin treatment there is another stage:you can use anti-diabetic pills and they usually have good results.
Have you been on a glucose tolerance exam (OGT)? this is done to see your glucose levels after 2 hours of glucose intake. They take blood samples on 0 minutes(fasting) and after 1 and 2 hours of glucose intake or food intake with counted carbohydrates. It is necessary to do this exam before they give you any treatment (dieting or pills or insulin) for diabetes.

Lena.

Offline zs

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 06:32:07 AM »
i do that many year ago
I ask foe pill but my r say metformin pill have effect on liver and coz of my hep C is not good to use so he ask me do exercises and avoid use sweet but its really wonder me why its fix on about 125_135 even when I avoid use sweet or eat as I like sweet :rolleyes

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 03:03:45 AM »
Since your heart has a high iron load, you can also assume the same for your pancreas and this is why the intensive chelation is necessary. All of your organs have been affected by the iron load and their function is worse because of that. Your pancreas has diminished function due to iron. It is very important to clean the iron from your organs so that no problems progress. An increase in glucose tolerance has been observed in patients who have cleaned the iron out of their pancreas. Now that your ferritin is low, your chelation will become much more effective at cleaning your organs. As you faithfully chelate, you will see that T2* score rise into a safe zone and your organs will all function better. All it takes is compliance with chelation and patience. I am hoping that this will help you to keep your glucose level down so that you won't need insulin. Much depends on how much damage iron has already done to your pancreas.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »
Hi ZS ,
i just waana add that ... try to control ur sugar level with diet and exercise bcoze insulin is sumthing really painful and difficult to manage ... balance ur diet and exercise, and try to avoid insulin as long u can ....  wish u all the best of of luck for everything .... wat do u say, Andy ... m i right abt avoid starting insulin at first ???? ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline zs

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 04:20:36 PM »
hi and tanx all for ur reply  I try to do as best as I can .

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »
Umair,

You are absolutely right. Diet exercise and chelation and try to avoid ever having to start insulin.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline zs

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 07:40:21 AM »
tanx and I try

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk